New Hampshire

Outdoor ocean wedding

Hi everyone!My fiance and I are living in Boston, but his family is in the Portsmouth/York area.  We are looking for an outdoor or indoor venue that has seaside views.  It would be in late spring/early summer 2010, so I feel a little safer in a place that's indoors with nice views, but he wants an outdoor tent wedding.  We've looked at the state park in Rye, which is a possibility.I think that to compromise, we'd like something that is by the water (ocean/lake/river), and if it's indoors, it would have nice views outside, not a closed hall with no windows.  Are we asking too much??  I don't know.  We've got almost a year to plan, so I hope that some of you can give me some suggestions. Thank you so much!-Diana

Re: Outdoor ocean wedding

• edited December 2011
    We're getting married Labor Day weekend at Wentworth Country Club in Rye - tented reception with complete ocean views. We're also going to a wedding in a couple weeks at Greystone Manor in York. I think its also on the water. We booked our venue just over a year in advance and they only had a few dates left. I would strongly recommend booking a place asap for spring/summer 2010. Most places on the water book far in advance. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Stage Neck Inn might also be a good try.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at the Stage Neck last summer - it was nice but VERY rushed.  I don't know if it was just the package the couple picked but everything - ceremony included - was 4 hrs total.  Definitely not enough time.  I think we only had an hour for dancing.  It was a pretty place though, right on the water with option for indoor or outdoor ceremony.I also went to a wedding at the Dockside which is also in York.  I liked that wedding a lot better - similar set up but not rushed!  They had a gorgeous spot for the ceremony - it was outside.  I believe there was also an indoor option as well.Just wanted to give you another idea and some feedback!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I also am getting married at the Wentworth By The Sea Countrly Club and agree with Sweetest Thing...book whatever venue you have in mind sooner rather than later.  We had a very short engagement and opted for a Friday wedding over a Sunday wedding so we could have it at the Wentworth...we were in love :)Good luck with your planning!
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at the Beachmere Inn in Ogunquit, Maine. I had my reception at Jonathan's Restaurant, but many brides have a tented reception on the lawn as well. It was overlooking the ocean. It was absolutely stunning. I'm happy to share pictures with you if you want, but to get a taste: http://www.amysalerno.com/blog/?p=56
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards