California-Los Angeles
Options

WTF Wednesday

I'm going to start of WTF Wednesday with... only 2 people rsvped yes for my bridal shower this saturday and one of them said she'll have to come late and the other said she'll have to leave early! I feel bad having my BM (my MOH and other BM are on the east coast so they can't come) throw a party for 2 girls, 2 girls that can't even stay the whole time. arrrr.... It turns out that there are a million other weddings and Las Vegas Bachelorette parties this weekend. Why do people have to have their parade march over my parade?! I think we're going to scrap the whole thing and have a mini shower at our Glen Ivy Spa day before the wedding. mmm Glen Ivy....just thinking of it makes me relax a little.

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that Julybm! I know you're not the only one going through this, i think the spa day is a great idea to have a day with all your girls together...We all should have our own little knot batchlorette party! hahaI guess I'm WTF'ing for the table linens! I found out on Monday that Castaway doesnt include floor lenght linens on my package and if I want them its a 12 dollar charge to upgrade. I guess it's my fault for not asking from the beginning but still gets me upset. Now I have to spend extra money on stupid linens that I never had planned to buy or rent. =( WTF!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    July-Sorry to hear about your bridal shower was a bummer. Its ok the spa day seems like a more relaxing idea :)My WTF- I dont have one since I have not done anything wedding related. so WTF to me lol
  • Options
    veevixxnveevixxn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i can relate with you on the shower, july...FI's family is throwing us a totally last-minute wedding shower this saturday. so far, i think only 2 of our friends are able to attend because the invitations were sent out at the last minute. i'm trying to be excited about it, but i know it was very hastily put together, so it's hard to feel jazzed about it. my other wtf - FI's grandfather, of course. FI is still pissed off about it. i'm trying to be patient with his pissiness, but the patience is starting to wear thin.oh, and i'm pms-ing. which makes the other 2 wtf feel so much worse. i cried on my way to the dermatologist today. :(
  • Options
    malibu09bridemalibu09bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why aren't there more hours in a day?   
  • Options
    Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol malibu- I agree, although I would'nt want to be at work more than 8hrs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    aw july...i feel ya on the shower. it's weird cuz you don't understand until you're the bride. you think...oh..i can pass on that; she won't notice. but then it was my shower..and my pledge sisters from my sorority never showed...1 did but she was a BM. and another friend was saying she couldn't get out of snack duty from her kid's baseball game...i was kinda ticked about that too. hubby thought i was going crazy, but then 3 of his groomsmen left his bach party early (and acted like they were there by force), and he knew the feeling. w.t.f.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found out that when my grandma was here, she was talking smack about me and my mom to FMIL, who she had just met! Apparently, she also told her she wasn't coming to the wedding. My grandma has never liked my mom, but I can't believe she had the nerve to talk crap about us. Luckily, FMIL knows us better, but I am so upset. Gee grandma, wonder why I never call you or visit you when you're in town? It's cause you're a big biotch and if not for my dad, I wouldn't have invited you to my wedding.NWR: I am so frustrated with my co-workers. They are total slackers and I have to double check everything they do because when it's wrong, it reflects negatively on all of us. I am so stressed out, I have a ton of work, and they have the nerve to tell me they're leaving early! I don't even want to think of the disaster I'll come back to after the wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jenna1984jenna1984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am sorry to hear about your shower JULY,  but i agree with the other knotties we should have a knottie shower that would be something we would all remember. i hope that whatever you do turns out well.my wtf is lets see i have constant people telling me o you look to skinny and trust me i know what skinny is and that is not in my vocabulary, i have a goal weight and i am not there yet so please just stop, i know they are trying to be nice but it is really annoying i have been getting it for the past week. i even asked my mom about it and she said that i look fine that i am not to skinny, so whatev.another thing my photographer said that we would be able to see our engagement photos on monday so i was very excited well monday past and no pictures, then on tuesday FI called him and he appologized but they are out of town for a wedding so we wont be able to see the pictures till next tuesday or wednesday so i just was very sad i had my hopes up and they got stomped on. i know i am very dramatic, but i really wanna see those pictures. so now i have to wait and that is not something i do well. LOL
  • Options
    jessebeljessebel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never had a bridal shower and my last minute bachelorette/bridal thing that my [i]husband[/i] basically put together was almost ruined by one BM's trepidation on certain things and attitude. Luckily, I made the most of the spa (that man knows me so well) while the genuinely happy looks on the faces of my family and friends the day of the wedding wipe all those negative feelings away.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh sorry to hear that july. i'm sure a spa day would be a better time anway.
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    julybm08julybm08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So now we have 3 rsvps.....do we keep it or cancel it? decisions decisions. but now 2 are coming late and one is leaving early. haha I agree with Vans....let's throw a big knot bachelorette party. That'd be so much fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry about the bridal shower...I think spa day will be nice. My WTF...FI and I are trying to buy a bigger place.   We put on offer on a townhome over asking, and got beat out by someone who came in 70K over asking price..who does that?
  • Options
    nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    July, I'm very sorry to hear about your situation.  Just know that you are special and deserve to have everything you want.  Maybe gettin' all the negative feelings massaged out would be perfect!!! I would TOTALLY be up for a Bachelorette party with everyone!  Honestly, let's try to do this.  There are a lot of us getting married in the next couple of months!  How fun to have so many brides together out havin' fun!  I'd help with some of the planning. I don't really have a wtf.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    July, sorry to hear about your bridal shower thing.  As of now I am not sure who exactly is going to give me one since most of my bridesmaids are from out of town and busy with their own lives. Usc, I am starting to get a feel for what you are going through too.  The FI and I are starting to look at houses.  We have to fill out paperwork for loan prequalification before we can be taken seriously by any prospective sellers.  We have found a nice neighborhood we like and the good news is there are a ton of houses for sale there, but right now I am not getting my hopes up or getting emotionally tied until I know for a fact we can afford the places we are eyeing. My WTF wasn't anything particularly dreadful this week.  FI had to work late again.  It sucks because we only have 4 weeks to be together until I go back home.  The good news is we finally started going through each others' itunes play lists for potential reception songs--so I guess that is a good thing.
  • Options
    julybm08julybm08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    omg! 70K over your price!!! Those people are crazy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Technically it's after midnight and I may have missed the cutoff for the Wednesday WTF, but I'll try to slip it in anyway. My FI and I have been together ...well, this March 13th will be our 5th anniversary and our wedding day. In that time, we have looked and looked and looked for a bedroom set we both like. Currently, we're still using the bedroom set AND mattress he picked out with his ex wife (Yuck!). We FINALLY found a bedroom set we both liked about eight months ago, but since we're insanely messy and lazy, we didn't get around to really being ready to order it until now. Well, now we find out it is discontinued, and the only stores that carry it are online stores that might as well be charging A BILLION DOLLARS. :( Back to square one. Hopefully it won't take another four years to find another bedroom set we can both agree on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards