Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Tipping question for all-inclusive

I am not exactly who I am suppose to tip.CoordinatorCeremony OfficientDDJPhotographer (I think he owns the company)Obviously our room cleanerAm I missing someone and how much?And do we have to add on their dinners? It's an all-inclusice resort.  We were told to pay for guest over the 20ppl package agreement.

Re: Tipping question for all-inclusive

• Options
    At most all-inclusives the tipping is included with your "package". However, there are some exceptions(ie: when staying in a bulter suite at Sandals, butlers are allowed to accept tips). Are you using the resorts photographer and DJ?
  • Options
    I'm getting married at Sandals and I'm only planning to tip our butler at the end of the week.  I've never heard anything about tipping anyone involved in the wedding if they're from the resort.  I hope I'm not wrong because we haven't planned on extra tips!! 
  • Options
    I was wondering about this too. We're not staying at an all inclusive, but I've read in several places that you are supposed to tip pretty much everyone. My WC already is making 20% service charge on everything wedding related and there already is gratuity for the wait staff for the reception so I'm not sure if I should tip them. Also my photog, make-up artist and DJ all own their own business. Do they get a tip too?
  • Options
    As far as I'm concerned, I'm not tipping the WC.  I won't even have contact with her until 3 days prior to the wedding.  I'll ask my Sandals contact and see if she says different. I've heard that if someone owns their own company, they take 100% of the profits so you're not supposed to tip them.
  • Options
    I've been told that the butlers at Sandals will not accept a cash tip but you should instead bring them a token of your appreciation from home. I think this is true for all employee of Sandals.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I also agree with tipping the butler but it's actually forbidden for the employees to accept tips. I see how tipping every person that hands you a towel, brings you a drink, etc for a whole week could get out of hand. I'm also getting married at a Sandals resort and that's what we're planning on doing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards