North Carolina
Options

Bridesmaid dress questions

Ok, so I'm so tired of looking and buying dresses I could scream.  I have purchased and returned about 6 sets of dresses.  Here's my deal...I am only having my sister in law (an adult) as my MOH, then my fiance's 2 daughters as Jr Bridesmaids.  They are 9 and 12.  I wanted to find all 3 of them the same color dress, either green or purple. But..I haven't been able to match the colors in adult, junior and childrens dresses.  It has been exhausting. So, what do you think if my MOH wore a deep green and the girls wear a deep purple.  They look ok next to eachother.  The young girls would be wearing the same dress.  Do you think having 2 different colors would be ok?  We are having a very small, intimate wedding.Thanks all..sorry so long!

Re: Bridesmaid dress questions

• Options
    grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that would look lovely together!  Definitely a good option if you can't match colors...
  • Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you considered choosing a brand that makes both bridesmaids and junior bridesmaids dresses? This way they could match perfectly. What styles are you looking for? However, I think it would be fine if they were different colors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the different color look. I think it will be fine. Hang in there! I have my daughters, my sister, and FI has his cousin on his side. I've told the two adults to find their favorite black dress and be done with it. I no longer care if they look the same, or completely different. I'm going to let my girls pick out pretty black dresses and call it a day!
  • Options
    momofaydenmomofayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think having the MOH in one color and the girls in another would look great.  I know david's bridal has matching BM and J. BM dresses.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that would look nice. Personally, I like purple and green together. Here's another thought too...My little sis is a junior bridesmaid in my wedding. She's 10 and teeny tiny thin, but bought the same dresses as my BMs in the smallest size they offered. She's just having it altered, it doesn't even need to be taken in that much, just shortened quite a bit.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your replies.  I really can't go looking at dresses again.  My wedding is September 13th and I have so many other details to work out.  I think I'm going to be OK with the green and purple and be done with it!! I appreciate your comments so much!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also think those two colors would work well together. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards