Wisconsin
Options

Lake Country Area wedding

My fiance and I are thinking of having our wedding reception at Seven Seas Restaurant. Wondering if anyone has had their wedding there and if you could provide us with any insight into how things went? Were you happy with your choice? Would you have done anything different?

Re: Lake Country Area wedding

• Options
    maggyruthmaggyruth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not having my wedding there, but I've attended a wedding reception there.  It is a very nice facility.   I would recommend getting the upper part over the lower...there were about 100 or so people there and it felt crowded.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been to a wedding there and it is a nice facility as it is on the lake.  We also considered having it there but decided against it for several reasons.  Here are some things I know that you should consider.  I just want to say that I like it there because of the lake and the food is pretty good so I am not meaning to sound negative. 1 - If you have your wedding there on a Saturday night in peak time May through October you have a 225 minimum guest count that you have to pay for regardless and you don't get a credit towards appetizers or bar bill if you are below the minimum.  2 - They have rectangluar tables rather than round which maybe I am being picky but I didn't like much, the set up was kind of odd.  They say they can hold up to 275 but I saw it set up for a wedding of about 210 and thought it was getting a little crowded so if you had more than that you would also have to have tables on the dance floor.  3 - In my opinion the decor could use some updating.  The still floral decor and things that look a little out of date and was not to my taste.4 - The bar set up is nice, right by dance floor.5 - Great view from upstairs room.Good luck with your decision.  Also consider the Red Circle Inn in Delafield/Nashotah.  The set up is pretty nice there.  You can have dinner in the garden room and cocktail hour and the dance in a separate room.  I was at a wedding there and the set up was nice.  They also have the white garden chairs which look good.  It was one of our top picks for our wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just about to post the same thing!! My parents live on Lake Nagawicka and we were also looking at Seven Seas for a reception.  I do know they have very good food.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    IloveDouglasIloveDouglas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Golden Mast? Both Seven Seas and Golden Mast are Weissgerber restaurants but I llike Golden Mast just a bit better.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't had or been to a wedding there, but I live about 5 minutes from Seven Seas and go there all the time. The staff and food are great, and the view is gorgeous. I also eat at The Golden Mast a lot as someone else reccommended, and am having my engagement party there. Again the view is just amazing, and they have great food and services as well. I don't think you could go wrong with either.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my October 3rd wedding at the Golden Mast...the people there are fabulous so far, and the views are amazing!  Check it out! :)
  • Options
    ktwlcxktwlcx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception there this October. So far they have been good to work with, the food was amazing at our testing. We will have the 225 minimum so that wasn't a problem, and I have seen pictures of round tables there, but am not sure. I thought the rectangular tables looked nice. The view is amazing and I think it's gorgeous there. I can post after the wedding with how it went.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards