Wedding Reception Forum
Options

XP: I need Help on Questions for a bartender.

Okay, A friend of mine had set up my bartender which was a friend of hers. I was going to pay her $100 to bartend the wedding. I found an add on craigslist: I am a recent graduate of Crescent school of Gaming and Bartending. I learned to mix over 190+ cocktails and have knowledge of wines, beers, and spirits. I also have 6 months of doing freelance bartending. I can do private parties, weddings, corporate events, and more!! Rate is $10 per hr + tips. You bring me what you want to drink, and I will make the drink. I text my friend about if her friend we be upset if I decided not to go with her and I she told me that the friend just found out that she is preggers. This would make her almost 6 months preg. by the time my wedding comes around. Now I need to figure out what questions I need as him (i'm assuming its a him) in my reply to the add. I'm stumped.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: I need Help on Questions for a bartender.

• Options
    I don't have much advice as far as questions go (maybe ask if he's insured if your venue requires that?), but I would try to negotiate his rate so you can pay him a rate that includes tips, so he doesn't leave a tip jar out during your reception.  I think guests will feel obligated to leave him money, then, and that can get awkward for guests that didn't bring any cash. I'd try to negotiate one lump sum (that includes a tip from you) as his payment. Good luck!
  • Options
    I agree with pp - make sure he's licensed/insured,ask for references so you can talk to others whom he/she's bartended for,ask if you can avoid the "tip jar" situation,ask what type of uniform/clothes he likes to wear,ask what he/she will bring as far as "tools" - i.e. wine opener/corkscrew, churchkey (bottle opener), shakers, pour spouts, jiggers (hourglass shaped measuring tool), etc. I'll brainstorm some more questions....feel free to pick my brain on other bartending questions - I used to be one. HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards