Chinese Weddings

** cloi0001 **

Hey there!  I saw your delayed post about the bakery cards..Hi NJerseyABC that it took so long to reply, been busy with the planning to check the board. When I went to ask for pricing for the bakery cards at Saint Honore, they gave me $7.20 right off the bat. However, when I acutally when to buy them a month later, she said it's $9.00. I was like, I was told that it's 20% off for $7.20--so she sold me the cards for $7.20 without any rebuttal. Not sure if they just raised the price, but it seems fishy that they just raised the price, but I can still but it at 20% off. If you are going there, just ask them for the price of the bakery card. If it's $9.00 ask them if it's cheaper if you buy it in bulk. I only bought 60 and they were willing to give me the discount. Oh, and when you go to there, ask them if they have the bakery cards on hand. When I went to pay, I had to wait 1 day to pick them up, b/c they ran out of them and had to get them printed.I got married at the end of May and we went the week of our wedding to get cards at Saint Honore.  We negotiated for $8 for $10 value cards.  I didn't need that many...less than half of what you got, but they did for sure say that it was less $ if you bought more.The did have cards on hand but had to give us some recycled ones as well, which was fine I suppose.  They are kind of fishy there.  We go there often and sometimes we'll buy loads of goodies and they will gift us some treats (extra pastries or bags of cookies).  We were there this past weekend and we got a little box of treats with 2 smoothies and they said it was $10.  I pulled out a bakery card (out of town relatives sent them back to me since they don't come in town often enough to use them) and she gave me this look and rambled off something in Chinese (ai ya) and then looked at me and said "Give me 80 cents".  WHAT?  You just said it was 10 bux.  Owell.. I gave her the 80 cents anyway.

Re: ** cloi0001 **

• LanaJadeLanaJade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm being curious here, where is this place?
  • LanaJadeLanaJade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woops, never mind. I just saw the other post ;)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry, I should of replied earlier.  I got way too many extra bakery cards too...so I went to get the buns and drinks, and they didn't give me any problems or weird looks.  I guess if depends on who you get when you pay.  But I still think they are fishy.At least you get freebies, I get nothing.  Hope that makes you feel better.  :-D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards