Florida-South Florida
Options

Help with Cocktail Reception invite wording...

Hello!I'm working on finalizing the wording for my invites & I'm stuck at what to put for the reception info. I don't want to be boring and put "reception following ceremony" I'd like to put something like "dinner & dancing after ceremony" Here's the thing, we're having a cocktail reception where instead of having a full meal we'll be having hor's douveres (super mispelled lol) - carving stations-pasta stations...can I still put "dinner" or what should I put?? thank you! :)

Re: Help with Cocktail Reception invite wording...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    is it going to be enough food to equal a meal, or just munchies?if it's enough to be a meal, saying dinner and dancing is enough, but it it's just munchies, make sure it says something like "appetizers and dancing" or something
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well it's about 8 different appetizers, as much pasta as they want & as much carving as they want. So yea, I think it's filling.
  • Options
    citytoshore09citytoshore09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "cocktail reception to follow""hors d'ouvres, cocktails, and dancing to follow"even though it is definitely filling, i would want to make it clear!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Danielle :)
  • Options
    glitrgrl25glitrgrl25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely DO NOT put dinner if a dinner is not being served.  Cocktail Reception to follow is appropriate because it indicates just that.  I work in the industry and you would not believe how many guests become so angry when they are not informed that there is no dinner!!  It's not pretty.  Tell them they are getting hors d'.  Stations are always a good bet and they are fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards