Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Check!!! Favors!

Finally finished crocheting 100 favors. Feels good to be doneskies with that one.My Mom did most of the work on these, but between the two of us we got em done. She is better at crocheting than i am, so i crocheted squares in single stitch and she made the scalloped top. They look similar to this photo, but a little bit bigger. Each is made of a soft wool blend and tied with a white satin ribbon. we made them in 4 different colors: grass green, tangerine orange, sunny yellow, and a soft blue/violet. I will alternate the colors at each place setting to add some color to the tables.http://tinyurl.com/lyl7zhWe are stuffing them with these chocolate shell candies:http://tinyurl.com/lhhha3

Re: Check!!! Favors!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ummm.... adorable!!!!!  ;)  and so crafty of you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    love them!  wish I had let my mom teach me to crochet.... such a cute idea
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So cute and creative! My great-grandmother taught me to crochet when I was very young and I miss it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tee hee I was accidentally vulgar. Sorry. :-DWhat I meant to say was a Stitch n Witch sesh.....obviously...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Those are so creative and fun! I am currently learning how to crochet from FI's Nana! We will see how that goes haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so jealous that you can knit! I've tried to learn a dozen times and just can't - something in my brain just won't do it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How cute and personal!  I would keep that favor (and eat the candies, of course)!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally cute idea!!!  I haven't crocheted since I was a little kid--my grandma taught me when I was like 8.  My mom also taught me to embroider around that age.  I just recently started embroidering again (recently, like in the past few months!)--I'm embroidering handkerchiefs for me, FI, and our parents as wedding gifts.  I got the handkerchiefs, needles & embroidery floss, patterns, and just ironed on my first pattern (I'm starting with mine so I can practice and not worry about messing it up).ANYWAY, your idea is wicked adorable, very original, crafty, and awesome!  I definitely think guests will appreciate all of the time you and your mother took to make them all.  You'll have to post pictures of all of them together when they are all filled & done.  Congrats on the check!
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • Options
    cazzysmithcazzysmith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Adorable and so crafty. Wish I could be crafty. May I just say you are a saint for putting all that time and labor in! Also I love your Wally t-shirt in your siggy pic...might have to look for my own. Happy planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    jkeps, i love the idea for a handkerchief! i havent made one since i was a little girl (and those were very silly looking), but love the idea. I would love to pick your brain about how-tos, and maybe make them for my mom and fmil?cazzy--its a kids shirt in extra large!! its my fav shirt, and i wear it to every sox game. finally met wally at a game a few weeks ago. FI surprised me by arranging a private visit at my seat. it was hilarious. wally "kissed" me in front of the crowd :-P FI was so mad!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    whoa! damnnn girl you are talented... I am usually not a favor person but I love how warm and personal these are!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the good vibes everyone! It feels good to be assured that these favors won't get thrown away!!! :-D
  • Options
    cazzysmithcazzysmith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a little late here but i'm so jealous you got a personal visit from Wally! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards