California-Los Angeles
Options

Commerce Flowers - Contract?

Hi girls,I know several of you used/are using Commerce Flowers and I had a question for you.  We booked them for our March 20 wedding and paid the holding fee.  However, we don't really have a signed contract per say - we have a handwritten detailed quote from Eddie with info on the flowers we plan to use, the number of arrangements, etc but none of the typical legalese we have from our other vendors.  Was this also your experience or should I be requesting something more formal?  Just trying to make sure I'm covering all bases.TIA!

Re: Commerce Flowers - Contract?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's all I had, too, and everything worked out perfectly.  That stack of handwritten paper was just updated and changed as we asked for different things along the way.  It made me a little nervous in the beginning, but I trusted him and was happy with the results.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, perfect, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.  I've heard a lot of Knotties say great things, so I'm not too worried, thanks for the reassurance :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were weirded out with the lack of a contract too. We met with Lindy in October I think and we didn't get a first copy of the contract until February or so. We didn't even give them a deposit until then either! I guess it's just how they work there.
  • Options
    mrsinoctmrsinoct member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Same thing happened with us and Duke.  We thought it was strange that we didn't have a contract.  We asked him about it and he sent one to use via email.  We felt much better having something a little more official than the written out notes.
  • Options
    SMHubbardSMHubbard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not using Commerce Flowers, but that's pretty much all that I have with my florist too. I think the only contract-y thing on it says is that he himself will be the one setting up our stuff.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A yellow copy, with the amount of deposit was all that was stated on that copy, plus our name and wedding date was what we got from Eddie as well.
  • Options
    jezzzebeljezzzebel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also got the yellow receipt for our deposit with the amount, our names and wedding date. And the handwritten detailed list of what we are getting. I wondered about the contract too but I'm sure it's fine the way it is. They do so many weddings there and seem pretty organized. I'm sure if they had some big legal battle with a bride we would have read/heard about it on the wedding review websites.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards