Ohio-Northeast

old coin game at reception - opinion

Has anyone seen or heard of the old vintage coin game at a reception? Its where you put a little box of coins at each table and typically picking a seat to start the box of coins at- then attach a note explaining the game or have the dj announce it.. but it's where the first person at the table opens the box - takes one coin out - looks at the year on the coin and tells something that happened that year personally or in history, etc.. and then they pass the box to the next person.. the coins will be from all over the world as well - so that is sort of fun to look at even. anyway - our theme is old world vintage romantic and I wanted to do something unique at the tables to get our guests talking to each other but not something that would take alot of time.. I think it falls into the theme a bit too overall.. but is it sort of rediculous or something people will remember as unique and a good idea? And, will people actually partake you think? Need opinions! And, hurry - we have 23 days left! LOL!

Re: old coin game at reception - opinion

• edited December 2011
    I personally don't like it. If you seat guest at tables with people who have things in common (work friends, school friends, relatives, etc) , they should have plenty to talk about. I don't think you need games. But, to each his own.
  • TBHCJSTBHCJS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think the idea behind it is good, but i think you would end up spending a lot of time gathering coins and boxes and that it really wouldn't get used that much. like pp said, if sitting with ppl they already know, guests can form conversation on their own. if they're sitting with people they don't know as well, it could feel too much like an "icebreaker." and i know this is just my opinion, but i've never enjoyed icebreakers. and really, they won't be sitting around the sitting without anything to do for that long. they'll be eating, listening to toasts, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards