Wisconsin
Options

Calligrapher??

We are deciding on whether to hire a calligrapher to write our address on the invites or to have a relative do this... any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Re: Calligrapher??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Save the money and address them yourself.  Doesn't take much time and most people throw the envelope away as soon as they open the invite.  No one will notice if you paid money to have them done. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mococamococa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Save your money.  Everyone has a friend or relative with nice writing that can be bribed with booze or cookies.
  • Options
    Dani_n_JayDani_n_Jay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was the tacky mctackerson person that used a super nice font that resembled handwriting and just printed directly on the envelopes.  Is this a HUGE no-no when it comes to weddings?  Sure.  But honestly, I didn't care.  I didn't find it to be worthwhile to spend all that time on something that would just get thrown away.  I'd rather have used that time for other, more memorable things.And I guarantee, not one of my wedding guests remember that I didn't personally write out their address information on the envelope of the invitation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards