Hawaii

Flower question

I want pink and orange flowers for my bouquet, but I'm not sure what sort of flowers are available in Hawaii. My WC sent me some examples, but I don't love any of them. I want to mix and match some flowers, but I can't picture what they will look like together. I also don't know if there's some flowers I can't have b/c they aren't available there. I want to have some tropical flowers. Any suggestions or pics?Thanks ladies!

Re: Flower question

• edited December 2011
    The florist I'm using e-mailed me a ton of his work with color combinatins, options, etc.  I would ask for some pictures of color combinations you want.
  • licia9880licia9880 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would email your WC and explain to her that you are looking for a tropical "hawaiian" pink/orange look and ask her to send you some more samples. (Its a very popular color combo right now, I would think she'd have some samples.) I have seen some very pretty plumeria and orchid bouquets that incorporate pink, orange, white and green. There is also a type of orchid that comes in a shade of orange that could be incorporated. You can also google "hawaiian flowers" to get an idea of the flowers that grow there and some bouquet ideas. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Can you identify the flowers you don't like? Maybe that'll help narrow things down.
  • ginajadeginajade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check M&M_Maui's bio - she had orange flower and they looked amazing.
  • mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    iluvhawaii also had pink/orange flowers and they were GORGEOUS. i think her florist was from oahu.
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure if it's what you're looking for but under my ceremony page there is a pink & orange flower combo on one of the arches.
  • edited December 2011
    I had pink and orange flowers for my bouquet.  SU-V was my florist and she did a great job.  All I told her was my color combo, and that I wanted tropical looking flowers, & she did the rest.  My boquet had mokara orchids, roses, small lillys, and a few other flowers that I don't know the names of.  (There is a pic of my boquet in my bio under flowers)Keep in mind that the florist has to choose the flowers according to what is availible at that time of year.  I would contact your florist and ask her for some suggestions.  HTH!
    Lanikuhonua, Phase II, Oahu Hawaii | April 24, 2009 http://iluvhawaii.weebly.com
  • edited December 2011
    Here is a pic of my boquet:
    Lanikuhonua, Phase II, Oahu Hawaii | April 24, 2009 http://iluvhawaii.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards