California-Inland Empire
Options

Question: Bridal Shower

What exactly do you do at a Bridal Shower and what's the difference between that and a Bachelorette Party??I'm new to this wedding thing so I have noooooooo idea.

Re: Question: Bridal Shower

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't had either, (yet *fingers crossed*) but I've been to one bridal shower and it was like tea, finger sandwiches, games about how well you know the couple, and presents off their wedding registry. The bachelorette party was booze, penis party favors and the presents were sleazy stuff for the night after the wedding (No male strippers at this one. Thank goodness...so gross!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok that clear things ups... My mom was telling me what she wanted to plan for my bridal shower and I almost had a heart attack. 
  • Options
    sdkissezsdkissez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The bridal shower tends to be a classy affair, where you invite your wedding guests and you get presents from your registry.  Don't invite people to your shower, if they are not invited to your wedding.  An etiquette no-no.  Think of it like a baby shower, but for a bride.A bachelorette party is where you go out with your girls and get a little crazy or whatever.  It's celebrating a last night of freedom as a single woman, per se.  Some people choose to party it up, and some people choose to keep it more low-key.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our Bridal Shower is going to be a Jack and Jill (meaning that both men and women will be invited vs a traditional shower of just women). Since we're doing it this way, we are having a Vegas/Poker theme! Yummy finger foods and drinks, card games...ect :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback.  I'm not sure if I'm even having either, no one is really taking the initiative and I don't want to plan it for myself.  Too much work. 
  • Options
    emilypeachemilypeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ah Christine I love the Jack and Jill idea..sounds like so much fun and casual, which is more my style :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards