Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

invitation question

Hi Girls.  For those of you girls that bought your invitations, I am not very crafty to DIY, about how much did you pay or even what is an average price. I dont want anything over the top just maybe something simple, cause I know people end up throwing them away anyways.  TIA :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: invitation question

• Options
    SteelrsGrl92SteelrsGrl92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh this is kinda an idea of what I am looking for, I am doing all gerbera daisies...(hope this works)[img]<a href="http://tinyurl.com/mgdomk" rel='nofollow'>http://tinyurl.com/mgdomk</a>[/img]

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For something with various inserts that is not from an invite kit, I would say to expect to pay about $3 per invite including the envelopes and all inserts. Of course, you can get much cheaper stuff at some places, and it all depends on how many inserts and pieces you have. I DIY'd and spent less than $2 per invite including 5 inserts and envelopes. Check out wedding paper divas and the american wedding for starters. Also, Sams club and Costco both have wedding invitation lines and some of them are very pretty.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks!! Im sure I could DIY being I have a good amt of time still before I gotta send them its just a matter of the where abouts in getting everything. I def have heard some ppl talk about the 'kits'

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for asking this!  I've been wondering too- I have NO idea how much some of this wedding stuff is supposed to cost!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine, but I can't remember how much I paid for them.  I think it was around $3 each.  But I do know there's alot of gerbera daisy invites on ebay if you search it!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!!!  I still have a good amt of time Im gonna start researching!!We narrowed down the STD's so now it's on to invites!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try etsy. A lot of the people on there can do custom invites - and if you know exactly what you want, they'd definitely be able to give you a price. Those are really pretty and I honestly don't *think* that they'd be too bad to DIY. For what we had wanted, we couldn't find them premade for under $4, and I wasn't going near 4 for invites. DIY with three inserts for under $1.10 an invite (not including postage) - not up yet in my married bio.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Morgan!!! I am doing all gerbera daisy things for the wedding, shower, etc.I think I may try n get some stuff this weekend n see about doing a DIY with them...and we'll see how that goes hahah I get frustrated very easily when it comes to that stuff.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have an envelope template that I used for my shower favors (Personalized CDs). If you scale it down to the size that you need, it would definitely work for those little envelopes - looks identical, just larger. Would you like the template?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh that would be AMAZING!!! carijo43 at gmail dot comTHANK YOU :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry Shannon...I didnt mean to call you 'morgan'....

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YGM, and I'll answer to either, so no problem.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!!! Ill have to play around with it this weekend :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cari, I really like those invites!  They are adorable!Like Npales, I DIYed pocketfolds for about $2 per invite.  We looked at The American Wedding and Invitations By Dawn also.  HTH! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards