Ohio-Toledo

Vendor Reviews

Hi all, Our wedding was 12 days ago and honestly was the best day of my life! Everything went incredibly smoothly and we couldn't be happier! Since I always found the vendor reviews to be very helpful, I wanted to be sure and post mine as well. Here goes... Dresses - David's "A" I know this is one of those "love it or hate it" places but I got my dress and my girls dresses there and we had absolutely no issues. The girl that took care of us did a great job - my best advice, pick a weekday and be sure to make an appt. When we went there was only one other bride there so we had the salesperson to ourselves and our pick of the store. Alterations - Linda's Stitch in Tyme "A" I don't think I've seen a comment on this place before but I've gotten three of my bridesmaid dresses altered by Linda over the years and then she did my wedding dress and two of my girls' dresses. She is super cheap (I paid $15 total for her to add my bustle, cut my straps (lace-up back) and have the dress steamed and pressed) and she does great work. She's really fast too - had my first and only fitting just 6 weeks before the wedding - she said she just doesn't need that much time. My girls were all thrilled with her prices and the quality - I would definitely recommend her. Reception Hall - Cambridge Place "A" What can I say - they do a great job. We didn't have to decorate a thing, just dropped the stuff off and they handled everything. All the details were just how we asked and Stacey (owner's daughter-in-law and on-site coordinator) had really helpful suggestions. She was very flexible on any changes and the hall was absolutely beautiful. Our actual event coordinator (Sue) was right there all night checking on us to see if everything was ok (and turning the AC up when we got warm). Even the lady in charge of the food was awesome and super helpful. The owner's son did the cooking and we got a TON of compliments on the food. DJ - Ultimate Nights (Joel) "A" I know it's been said several times, but I'll say it again, they were a blast to work with. By far the most professional of all vendors we talked to - they followed up on every detail and were incredibly thorough. Brian is great to work with. Our DJ, Joel did a great job of keeping things going and was super flexible whenever we made changes (a couple of times he would come by and say it was time for something and we asked him to wait a bit and he handled it flawlessly). He followed our music selections to a tee and we couldn't have been happier. Overall, I was very impressed with Brian and Joel and would highly recommend them. Limo - Bedford "B+" We had the Ford Excursion (holds about 16 comfortably) and Roman was our driver. He did great, showed up on time the limo was clean and got us everywhere we needed to go. The only reason I didn't give them an A is because we had some trouble getting the radio to work and fortunately we had brought a mix CD which worked fine. I know it's not their fault that people mess with the radio but they should try to make that situation better. By the way, we also used them to take us to the airport for our honeymoon and we were pleased with that experience as well. Photographer - New Image "A-" We got a TON of photos (about 2500) so no complaints there at all. Ken and Katie were our photogs and I can't say enough about Katie - she did a great job on the pre-wedding photos and overall was wonderful to work with. Ken is a bit brass, nothing that hasn't been said before about him, but he does do good work. We are pleased with the pictures and overall he was pretty easy to work with. We even requested a few pics at the stadium and he was very flexible on that. The only detail that was off was that we had requested a white background for our photo mat and he brought a black one. Overall, it worked out - he realized that he didn't update his records after we chatted and fortunately he brought a silver marker and everything looks great. They were with us from 11:30 that morning until after 9:30pm - overall, a great job. Cake - Bake Shop "A" What can I say - Kristy is fabulous, super easy to work with, did a great job on the cake and it was delicious. We only had a couple of pieces left over - the cake went fast! Our cake was exactly how we pictured it and even though our topper was a bit complex, she pulled it off flawlessly! (She was also super quick on getting our deposit back to us!) Kegs - Zeilers "A" I only mention this place because we were pleased with how smooth they worked with the hall. They dropped off the kegs and picked them up for us without us having to do anything. When we got back from our trip, we called about our deposit and they issued the credit same day (he only waited to talk to us because he didn't know how we wanted the money back). Tuxes - Men's Wearhouse "B" They were easy to work with and very helpful but only one out of the seven tuxes fit right. Everyone needed stuff done and they forgot to give my husband socks or his pocket square. Fortunately the tuxes were ready a few days early but with three of the tuxes for people coming in from out of town, we were still having alterations done on Friday. I guess I don't understand why all the guys needed so much done when they got measured just 2 months before the wedding. Oh well... Florist - Sharry's Touch - "A-" Overall, I was very pleased with her work. I was fortunate to get some great advice about how to deal with her (don't leave any detail to chance) and the flowers were perfect. Sharry is really nice but she does have her own style. As long as you are extremely clear about what you want and make sure everything is written down, it's just fine. When we got her final order sheet, she had lots of details missing (like colors and flower types) and didn't have a corsage for the ring bearer. I called her and went through each detail and then sent her a copy of the sheet with the details highlighted. Everything ended up just how I wanted it. Hope you guys find this info helpful - and please contact me with any questions! My best advice to future brides is to plan early, be detailed about everything and then relax. We had everything wrapped up weeks before the wedding so we had no last minute stresses and everything was just as we wanted it. Good luck!
Megan Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Vendor Reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards