Wedding Party
Options

WP GIFT

I know you ladies will be able to help me!! I am looking for some really cool GM gifts and not just the typical GM gifts but something they will actually use again. The guys are 16,18 and 24 so with the age gap I am running into walls but want to get them something similar. Also I want to get my parents a joint present and kind of want to go above and beyond for them without spending an arm and leg. Does anyone have any suggestions? I thought about a weekend getaway but they are going on vacation 2 weeks after the wedding so that didn't really work.

Re: WP GIFT

• Options
    If the groomsmen are your FI's friends, then ideally HE should be getting their gifts. He should think about things that they like to do, or stuff they need. It's fine to get them different items ... not all guys have the same hobbies. Fishing or camping gear, sports tickets or a jersey from their favorite teams, gift cards to stores or restaurants they like, liquor-related items for the 24 year-old, gift certificates to the movies, gift certificate for their school bookstore if they're in college, books, magazine subscriptions, cigars for the two 18+ guys, DVD box sets, everyday clothing or baseball caps, pocketknives, computer or car accessories, etc. For your parents ... maybe call ahead to their vacation spot and pre-arrange to pay for their room fee or some room service, or maybe book a massage or spa treatment if their hotel/cruise has that available. Research local restaurants and give them a gift certificate to get dinner as your treat. Have a nice basket of wine and goodies delivered to their room. Get them some new luggage or a gadget they can use while they're there (Kindle, MP3 player, GPS). Buy a nice guidebook and a map for their location.
  • Options
    Ditto MBC.Your FI (and you) can think, "If it was this guy's birthday, what would he like?" and go from there. 
  • Options
    Here is what they ended up with. I think they will fit each of them for different reasons...they like outdoorsy stuff and they can always take it with.
  • Options
    For our guys, were getting the capcatchers from[url]http://www.capcatchers.com[/url] We have an underage GM too (fi's cousin), and we still got him one because we figured he could open other drinks with it too (like root beer or cream soda). We got them the gift buckets, which also comes with a beer bucket (but you could probably use it for anything) and personalized glassware. They came out really well, and I think its something they'll get some good use out of.I love mbc's ideas for the parents, getting them an add on to their vacation. Especially if they would appreciate going to a spa or a nice dinner. You could also make sure they get some nice pictures of the wedding framed, I know thats a popular thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards