Attire & Accessories Forum

Alterations Worries

Hi all,

I've been busting my tushie off to lose weight, and fully expect to be scolded by my dress alterationist two weeks from now during my final fitting (I think I've changed at least 5 dress sizes).

My concern is that I was only able to get my appointment at 7 weeks ahead of my wedding, and I'm VERY nervous about maintaining my weight during that time. As in, when I'm extremely stressed, I suck at sleeping and eating.  And planning a wedding is doing a really good job at stressing me out :P.

I did try to compensate and plan ahead by having the zipper back removed, and a laceup back put in instead, but I feel like there should be more that I can do.  Should I tell the alterationist to size down more than she already is to anticipate more loss, and trust in the lace-up back?

Anybody have any more suggestions?  Ideas?
Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

Re: Alterations Worries

• edited July 2012
    I lost over 35 lbs from the time I bought my dress and the time I had my first fitting. I did have to take a lot out of it, but it was doable. I also have the lace up back, which is much easier to work with.  They took 4 inches out of mine and adjusted the rest with the lace up back. I was so nervous before my dress came in I called the shop in a panic. They told me not to worry at all, they alter dresses that much all the time. She did want to get me in right away though since they knew a lot of alterations had to be done. Make sure you tell the shop you have lost a significant amount of weight if they dont already know. Don't worry and congrats on your weight loss!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks for the answer and the contgrats!  I'm wondering if I'm worrying for nothing because they'll have me try on the dress after the big alteration, and if it's still not right, they'll do it yet again, but closer to the wedding.

That would make me feel imminantly better.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards