Flowers
Options

Flower opinions

We're having an early spring wedding in 2010 and I'm trying to come up with ideas about the boutonnieres for the groom, groomsmen, fathers and a grandfather, and corsages for the mothers and grandmother.  I have found what I am hoping will be my bouquet and its is a mixture of dark champagne tulips, Sahara roses which are a much lighter champagne, and white parrot tulips.  I'm planning on my bridesmaids carrying bouquets of just the roses and white tulips.  I'm wearing a champagne dress covered in ivory lace and the bridesmaids will be wearing dark blue (David's Bridal's marine).  I have found a mixture of flowers that I would like to use for the reception centerpieces that have purple tulips with white edges, the Sahara roses and a type of white rose, and a mixture of lilac, lavender and white sweet pea and white freesia with  deep purple anemones, so they are really just the whole spectrum of purple with champagne and white (I would post the pics, but don't know how).  The dark blue will be elsewhere during the reception in the chair sashes and the linens for the couple's table, the buffet table and the cake table.  Its in the spring so I want color, and I think the purple is a nice compliment to the dark blue dresses and accents instead of trying to find dark blue flowers to match.I have been thinking about what to do for my fiance's boutonniere and his party's, as well as the flowers for our parents and my grandparents.  I am thinking about using calla lilies as the boutonnieres for the guys and tulips for the parents and grandparents.  The groom would wear an ivory lily with some grass loops, and the groomsmen would wear purple lilies.  There are no lilies anywhere else in the wedding, but I'm more concerned about there not being purple in the ceremony.  Would this be okay?  I want to set the groom's and groomsmen's flowers apart without complicating the simplicity of the lily (which is what drew me into them in the first place) so I figured just make them different colors.  I was planning on the groomsmen wearing the dark blue vests and ties to match the bridesmaids, but now I'm seriously considering black vests and ties and still have the groom wearing the coordinating ivory vest and tie.  Sorry for the long post, but any suggestions?  Would this be tacky?

Re: Flower opinions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    dang girl, sounds like you know what you want!!! :o)Have you decided on who you are going to use as your florist/wedding planner?? If you have, you should go to one of the wholesale places ( I strongly suggest Greenleaf Wholesale) and look at those combinations against all the colors you want to use in the wedding.. I think that will give you a better idea of what will look the best.... on a side note: they have all kinds of flowers so you may find something completly different that you haven't even considered...Best of Luck
  • Options
    amydshermanamydsherman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would not introduce a flower you're not using anywhere else. You could maybe use those purple and white tulips for the groomsmen and then a white one for your fiance. Or use those purple and white roses for the groomsmens boutonniere and the white for your fiance. I would definitely try to pick flowers you're using in your center pieces instead of randomly picking a new flower. It will look more cohesive. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards