Colorado-Denver
Options

King Soopers for flowers/cake?

Hi, I am wondering if anyone used King Soopers for their flowers or cake? I need to cut costs a bit but I'm nervous to go through a big grocery store. Has anyone used them or heard anything about them either way? TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: King Soopers for flowers/cake?

• Options
    alicottalicott member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a friend of mine used them for flowers for her wedding and they did a BEAUTIFUL job! she did it so every girl had a different color scheme with different flowers and they were very accommodating and did the designing for her once she picked the colors she liked. if you want to see a couple pictures just email me atab81509@gmail.com
  • Options
    jasmine0530jasmine0530 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i don't know about cakes at KS but I know Albertson's has nice looking cakes for about $200Thanks for asking this question especially about the flowers. I was wondering about that too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Were using King Soopers for both.  My mom works at a Kings in Littleton and her friend in the Bakery Dept is making our cake for us.  Their price was very reasonable.
  • Options
    BreckBride09BreckBride09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just on a side note if you're thinking doing sheet cakes, Costco has AMAZING cakes!!! I don't know if they do tiered wedding cakes, but it might be worth checking into! I had to buy a sheet cake for a work function and it was like $25 or something ridiculously cheap and so yummy!!
  • Options
    paigef11paigef11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP about the sheet cake. I've never had Costco, but have heard great things. I HAVE had Sam's Club cakes, and as crazy as it sounds, it might be the best cake I've ever eaten. Their butter cream is insanely good!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For what it's worth, I love the King Soopers bakery, they make one tasty cake :) I am getting my flowers from them as well, but we are just buying the flowers there and arranging them ourselves, so I don't have any experience with their designers. GL!
  • Options
    COkristiCOkristi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info ladies, I really appreciate it! My only hesitation now is that they charge a $25 consultation fee for the flowers. I'm really trying to price shop so it seems counterproductive to pay for a consultation in case they don't end up being the best price. I'm going in soon to check out their cake photos though!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards