Snarky Brides
Options

update

So the peri came in. I am definitely hospital bond until the end of the pregnancy. Right now she said since there is still growth and the NST (non stress test) are good we are still holding strong. She said she is not worried about their weight, just the amount of time they stay in. Obviously the longer the better. They will start to think delivery when Cali stops growing or the NST's start showing signs of stress. She doesn't want to let me leave because here I get 2 NST's a day, in the outside world I would only get 2 a week. There is nothing they can do as far as making her gain weight. I am here more for fast action and monitoring. The goal is 34 weeks. So, I could use vibezzzzz for another 4 1/2 weeks. She mentioned stillborn one too many times for my liking, but A was here to listen and tell me again later what she said. I swear I checked out mentally when she said that.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Savannah
image.
Callista
Baby Trail Blog
"Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: update

• Options
    Oh, Babbs. I'm glad A got there to meet with the peri too. If Cali Jr isn't gaining as fast does extra time in still mean her organs are getting more of a chance to develop in the womb? I'd imagine that extra support would be helpful to her even if she's not loading on the fat yet. You have all my vibez.

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • Options
    Just remember they have to mention all possibilities. It sounds like overall they aren't hugely concerned by the growth difference and have a plan in place for the what Ifs.
  • Options
    How do they tell the difference between the girls in a NST? Do you get two buttons?
  • Options
    It's based on heartrates and being reactive. If they fail I go downstairs for a biophysical profile on the babies. They ask me every morning at 5:30am if I feel the babies.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Babbs, I will continue to give you my vibezz. I know it sucks being there, but you are getting the best care there.
  • Options
    This sounds like pretty overall good news. Here's hoping for 34 weeks.
  • Options
    But do they have a way to determine the movements and heartrates of each girl from the NST? When I had mine on Tuesday I had 1 heart monitor on me and 1 button. So I wasn't sure if you got 2 of each.
  • Options
    Babbsy... this is a good thing!  At this point, would you want them to kick you out of the hospital?  Of course not! And as for the "s" word, I'm sure the peri was just CYA.  Four and a half weeks is what... about 32 days or so, right?  Piece of cake! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm glad it doesn't sound like she's worried about the weight, and I think the hospital is still the best place for you all right now. It's unbelievably scary when they mention the very worst things that could happen, but if they didn't they'd be negligent in their duties.

• Options
    I just passed on some news from your friend.She doesn't need the vibezzz anymore  so you get them.
  • Options
    It is great they are responding to the tests so well and their is still growth! I know you don't like the hopstial but it does sound like you had a strong chance of being there from the beginning.
  • Options
    Sending all my vibes for 34 weeks!
    imageimage
  • Options
    I agree that it sounds like more good news than bad.  Cali Jr sounds pretty feisty already, so I'm sure that's a very good sign.  Here's to another 4 weeks and change!
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • Options
    This sounds good to me!  If they're not worried about the growth difference between Cali Jr. and Savannah, I won't either.  And try not to worry -- I think Cali Jr. has proved that the word "still" is not in her vocabulary.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Options
    34 weeks is good.  I got the golden ticket that I could have mine then! I am sending lots of good vibes your way! Hang in there I know its silly but I did a lot of coloring when I was there but I couldn't read because the meds they had me on made my vision blurry.  Keep those kiddos in there cooking those lungs need to develop.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards