New York-Long Island
Options

when to shop for florists

Hey all! So, I am getting married this coming March. I haven't started shopping for florists yet, just wondering if i need to get on that asap! When did everyone else start looking? I already have booked my venue, photographer, and band. Also does anyone have suggestions for florists? I am looking for someone who can really "get" what i want - something very modern looking. Any suggestions?

Re: when to shop for florists

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd definitely suggest looking into florists as soon as possible- they're next on my agenda! You might find one you like who is already booked on your date! I'd talk to my venue and see if there are any preferred florists that they usually use since that company will be familiar with your venue and what looks good and what to avoid. I haven't met with any florists yet, but my venue recommends Flowers by Brian and Pedestals in Mineola.
  • Options
    jbmadonnajbmadonna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is 3 1/2months away and we just picked flowers this weekend.  We used Flowers by Brian in Mineola (recommended by my venue).  They are very accomodating and will work to your likings.....for me, they're putting a few crystals in my bouquet!
  • Options
    jordanamnjordanamn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions. I live in Mineola so I will check those places out. Flowers by Brian is like literally across the street from our apartment! My venue is a private country club so they do not have preferred vendors or even make recommendations.
  • Options
    jbmadonnajbmadonna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you go to Flowers by Brian, ask for Joe.  He was very accomodating (sp?) and had creative ideas.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Terracotta in Great Neck.  http://www.terracottahome.com/Shelley is a true artist and offers personal attention.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you! i am going to check all these places out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Burton's in Melville. We also lookedat Flowers by Brian and Pedestals and Burton's beat their pricing PLUS they were recommended by friends who have used them.
  • Options
    cfriedrich23cfriedrich23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked into a ton of florists.  I finally decided on Richard from Perfect Wedding Planner Florals.  He is the has florist for Fox Hollow and Chateau Briand, but of course does work anywhere.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would NOT recommend Flowers by Brian.....they were the only vendor I was not happy with.  Very nice at first.  Very rude and unaccommodating towards the end......I told them at least twice I want mostly white bouquets for the BMs with a little bit of color and that I was not a big fan of the color pink.  When I went to view them the day before the bouquets were completely pink, when I asked for them to be changed the response was "this was what you asked for" along with a nasty look.  I can overlook the rudeness but not the hour and half lateness in dropping off flowers day of the wedding (I have no bouquet in half my pics) with no apology or anything
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I started looking for florists as soon as I knew what my color scheme was and what color the bridesmaids' dresses are going to be.  After visiting Flowers by Brian, Flower Michele, and Pedestals I decided to book with Pedestals.  They were really nice, professional, and knowledgeable.  Also, they were the only ones who understood exactly what I was looking for without being overbearing about it.  Ask for Nadia ;-)
  • Options
    jk1522jk1522 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i booked pedestals too and I am also using nadia.. she is really nice
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the helpful feedback!
  • Options
    sam.alexsam.alex member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Flower Michele in Mineola.  Rich is doing my wedding and he "gets" it.  He is easy to get along with and we got a great deal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards