African American Weddings

A few more checks - I'm getting closer

Hey Ladies,Even though I am not feeling well - I have to take advantage of every lil bit of time I have; here are checks from yesterday evening:BM's my daughters Accessories : Earings and neclace for BM's 4.00 each (rhinestone simple) Earings for my daugters 8.00/12.00 (they will receive necklaces on the wedding day from Fi and I.Crinoline for BMs', FG's and my Daughter's Dresses: 1.50 per yard (I got more than I needed just in case).Butterflies - I got some more of the smaller ones to use at the reception site 12 pcs for 2.75 each.Knife and Server for Fi's groom cake 3.00 Shower of Prayers Printed Ribbon: 36 for 10.00The ribbon is soft pink with silver cording - the wording is silver. This will be put on the cardstock to go out with my invitation for the prayers shower - The paper is ivory with a chocolate brown card stock backing.Mr and Mrs Ribbon w/ wedding date Printed: 36 for 10.00This ribbon is for the butterfly candles that will be given to the immediate family at the reception. The ribbon is fuchsia with silver cording the wording is silver.Butterfly candle holder w/ votives: For immediate family tables. 12 for 20.00I have a list of 8 things to do today - lets hope I get some checks in. Have a great day ladies!

Re: A few more checks - I'm getting closer

• edited December 2011
    you go girl! u got a whole lot done for a good price.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Girl! You got a bunch of stuff done! I had a few checks yesterday and finally spoke to the baker about my cake stand, its too small - but I already found another one that will work....
  • edited December 2011
    I hope you feel better - take it easy today
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks - I for got the apothecary vase. . . 15 inches tall 7.50!!!! I am taking the one back I got from Michael's which was smaller and 3 x's the price. I also located ribbon for the belly bands for 1.00  x 10 yds; I am gonna get that this morning.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, sorry to hear the one you really liked is too small but I am glad you got one you like that will work. Fill me in on those other checks.
  • edited December 2011
    YAY rajah for all of your checks but do take care of your health cuz we want you to be able to party like a rock star come your big day...LOL!
  • edited December 2011
    Well I ended up buying a beverage container from target for $19.99 the one I was spray painting did turn out they way I wanted, so i'll still sue it but just at bbqs. -- I wanted the wedding one more sleek. I found a great purfume at Victoria's Secret for the wedding, I'm in love with -- the one I was at last night didn't carry the wedding lingerie collection, so i'll be checking there website out today. I think I found a girl to recreate a hair style for me....and I'm going to print a program tonight and see how it looks.  
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Alf - I am trying. . . I think the stress and stuff is getting me. Not wedding related - other stuff. . . we will have to catch up. Not to mention Tuesday evening right before the end of the day, my union received word we are going to be furloughed at least two days out of the month . . . that is 400.00 roughly and it starts next month. I am stressin!
  • edited December 2011
    OMG. . . you just reminded me of another check I need! Wedding day makeup - Iv'e been so focused on Sunday at the train station. Dang! I am glad you found someone for your makeup - I am anxious to see your programs. I know they will be nice.
  • edited December 2011
    If your person is good on Sunday - book them for the wedding :)
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations on checks!  And I'm sure you'll get your "To Do" list completed, you seem to be moving right along.
    Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
    500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards