South Asian Weddings
Options

Yeah - Priest issue SOLVED!

I hadn't posted about this, but our wedding is on the first day of Navaratri (sp?).  My fi's not guju, and so nobody in his family thought this was a big deal when we set the date.  We'd gone to the local temple a while ago and tried to arrange for a priest to drive 2 hours away for our wedding, which is in a rural area where there's no temple.  Anyway, fi's parents had originally talked to a priest who said he could do it, but then he later told us he doesn't drive.  So we'd arranged for another pandit (who I've met a few times and really like), who'd told us no problem.  Anyway, fi recently got a call from the temple leadership, who didn't want to let the pandit go on the first day of Navaratri, I guess because a huge portion of the Hindu community here is gujurati and therefore Navaratri's a much bigger deal.  We'd sort of been in limbo for a while wondering what was going to happen - our invites are out, we'd booked the place, my family and guests expected to see their first Hindu marriage puja, and we were suddenly looking at no priest.  Anyway, we found out this morning that the priest who drives is coming!  Huge relief!  

Re: Yeah - Priest issue SOLVED!

• Options
    Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear that was resolved!  Our priest didn't drive so my uncle had to pick him up (but luckily didn't have to drive that far out of his way to do so)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, our reception will be pretty close in time to our puja.  The priest didn't want to stay for the reception or spend the night in the town where we're having the wedding, so having someone drive him would have meant asking someone to miss the rest of the wedding and the reception. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great check! I am sure that is is a huge relief for you and FI.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    erin&andyerin&andy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hooray! I'm glad it got worked out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome!  So happy for you!  We had some officiant issues too, so I totally know how stressful it can be.  Makes you realize that in fact the officiant really is the one thing you can't do without. ...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards