Connecticut

Rehearsal Dinner Location - New Haven

Hi everyone - My FMIL has asked for some suggestions on locations for our rehearsal dinner.  The actual rehearsal will be in Milford, CT and our initial thoughts were to have the dinner in New Haven (OOT guests staying at the Omni)  Any suggestions?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Location - New Haven

• edited December 2011
    Depends on what you want to spend... We are having our reception at the Quinnipiack Club in downtown New Haven, and wanted to have our rehearsal dinner in New Haven as well. We looked every place... Bar- For something casual- you can rent the back room and do pizza and beer. The room rental fee is $400 plus food and beer. L'Orico- has a private room upstairs and dinners per person start around $30 and go up from there. Portofino and Union League Cafe- price is equivalent to L'OricoThe Graduate Club- I think that dinners started around $45 dollars a person. been to a few events there in the past and the food is always good.You can always do it right at the Omni... we went to a wedding 3 years ago and the rehearsal dinner was at the Omni. The spread was amazing!!We have decided to do it at Carmine Anthony's and the prices range from $37 per person to $77 per person. Like anywhere depends on what you select. We just felt that the atmosphere and food here sit how we wanted to start off our weekend : )HTH!! : )
  • edited December 2011
    Depending on what kind of food you and your family and friends like there are a MILLION different options.   You could go super casual and get pizza somewhere like Bar. You could go and get tapas at Barcelona. Marius is hit or miss but is a good choice too. If you have "adventurous" eaters, something like Pacifico would be a good choice.It just really depends on what you are looking for.
  • edited December 2011
    We looked into Gusto's in Milford, they have a nice downstairs room, but we had too many people for it.What size are you expecting your RD to be?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh duh, I forgot Carmen Anthony's...that's a great choice too!
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If the rehearsal is in Milford, how about having the RD at Stonebridge Restaurant? We're going to have ours there next June because that's where FI and I were introduced. Check out their website, they have packages for special functions including RD's. You could even be out on the deck if it's nice out. :0) http://www.stonebridgerestaurant.com/
  • edited December 2011
    We will be having 20 people or less. Thank you so much for all of the suggestions - I just need to figure out the price point that FMIL is comfortable with, but can offer both low and high end to start :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You could also try The Rainbow room in Milford, we were there for dinner after a funeral, a bit morbid, but non-the less the food was great. Or if your doing a bit more casual, you could always go Italian with Brazi's. They have pretty good prices and you get a ton of food with all different packages.Just a couple of thoughts...good luck!!!
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're doing ours at Bar...we just wanted something casual and fun to do the night before.... we just reserved one of the big tables they have in the room with the pool table. there is no cost to do a rezzy (just a 10 person minimum) and then you only have to pay for pizza, salad, and drinks. if you want something more upscale, the other girls have suggested some great ones! There are a ton of options in Milford too...Rainbow Gardens, SBC, Stonebridge, etc. just DON"T go to the Lazy Lobster in Milford!!! The a$$wipe caterer that canceled on me owns it haha
  • brideofgregbrideofgreg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check our Leons or Martins Riverside in New haven- both have reasonable prices and great water views!
  • edited December 2011
    I have a similar size RD and we are doing Portofino's they have a private room.
  • hawaiianskyehawaiianskye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are so many amazing places in new haven. It depends on the number you are having really. If its a tad larger, Of course, I will say the Union League, cause my reception is there and I adore Karen the event coordinator. They have a smaller room at the back thats available for parties. The whole cobblestone courtyard along sherman alley gives you that "european" feel. :) Beside ULC, I agree with whoever said Portofino's on State. Food is mmmmmmm. BAR has that room upstairs that is great for parties if you want something casual. Even the playwright across from the Omni has a room for special events....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards