Delaware

**BriarRose**

Hey Brit, any news yet on the surgery? 

Re: **BriarRose**

• edited December 2011
    :(  It's safe to say that my life sucks.They had told my mom back at the beginning of July that the independent board finally had all the documents they requested, all were in my favor, we should know by the end of the month, and he is confident that I would get the surgery, it's just a matter of when.Fast forward to Wednesday.  Apparently, they have only had all the documents they need for 10 days, and we won't hear anything probably for another 2-4 weeks, but he is confident that I will get the surgery.I don't know if he lied to us, I don't know if the board requested more, I don't know anything except that it's been so long for all of this, and I am tired of everyone telling me that it will happen, it's just a matter of when, keep your hopes up, blah blah blah- they aren't the ones dealing with the nauseating pain, horrible meds and side effects, and the frustration of not being able to do anything and feeling like a burden because of it.  I am trying to stay happy, but it's been so hard.  When we found out on Wednesday, I was so upset that it caused a pain attack- I try not to cry/get upset because it does not help the pain at all, but I couldn't hold it back any longer.  Thank God for my friend from HS, who called me up yesterday and asked if I wanted to hang out/go to the mall.  Oh, and my doctor is out of town for the next week, and when we called to schedule an appointment/get advice for the pain attack, they said they are able to help us until Aug 20.  Her assistant (a PA) still hasn't called us back.I am trying to keep my chin up, really I am... I just didn't realize it would be this hard.
  • lmicoluccilmicolucci member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the update Brit.  I've been thinking about you and all that you've been through these past few months.  I really do hope and pray that everything works out for you, and for Brian. 
  • lmicoluccilmicolucci member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    btw, i'm free all weekend if you need to talk or hang out.  just call my cell...it's always on. 
  • edited December 2011
    :)  Thank you so much, Lura.  It means the world, it really does.  One of the things that has helped more than any of you can know are the GTGs- they really have been livesavers.  You girls are so awesome, and so kind and sweet.  I really don't know what I would do without you all.
  • edited December 2011
    And I might just take you up on that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards