California-Inland Empire

Teaching

So, I found out yesterday that I will now be teaching 3 sections of 7th grade LA and 3 sections of 8th grade LA.  I was supposed to have 3 sections of 7th LA and 3 sections of an explore class.  So, instead of having my grading cut in half, along with smaller class sizes, I'm back up to full blast. =)  I'm actually kind of excited because I will already know some of the students since I had them last year. But, I've never taught 8th grade, so I'm a little nervous about the whole 8th gradeitis thing. And, it's a new curriculum.

Re: Teaching

• edited December 2011
    That's awesome! I know its nice to have a little change of pace.  My mom gets bored if she's doing the same thing every year. 
  • edited December 2011
    ooh, something new!  I'm sure you'll be able to put them in their places!
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Its nice to change things up a bit. It keeps life interesting =)

• edited December 2011
    You will do great, and will probably find it to be fun actually. My brother had to long term sub last year for a teacher who taught 3 different classes, and he said he liked it better, even though it was more work. He didn't get bored with teaching the same things.Do you talk to any on the 8th grade LA teachers? Maybe talk to them and get some advice, since 8th graders are a lot different than 7th graders, with the whole "ruling the roost."
  • edited December 2011
    You are going to do an awesome job!
  • sdkissezsdkissez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like changing things up.  Keeps me young and fresh.  (No dirty thoughts with that last word......lol)
  • emilypeachemilypeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha!! i can't wait to start teaching.  I don't know about middle school though, hats off to you :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards