African American Weddings
Options

VOWS

Hi ladies!Just wondering who wrote (or plans to write) their own unique vows vs. reciting the traditional vows?I'm soooo undecided on this. I think this is the best opportunity to show love and gratitude towards FI, but I'm just scared I won't be able to get through it through the tears (I cry at commercial ya'll).

Re: VOWS

• Options
    kbh2bekbh2be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been wondering about this also.  I've decided to kind of do both.  We will do traditional vows, but I will add in a little section to the ceremony so that I can either recite a poem that I would love to use, or write something on my own.  I'm thinking that I won't tell him about it; instead it will be a small surprise. 
  • Options
    kbh2bekbh2be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BTW...I'm afraid that if we write vows I will cry like a crazy person.  I am extremely emotional.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree! I would love to write my own but there's no way I could get through it w/o crying either. FI (and my family agrees) that I prob wont make it down the aisle w/o passing out. SHAME ON THEM ALL! I have all intent on walking down the aisle on my own 2 feet! LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's just going to be an emotional day to begin with. Just the thought brings up a lump in my throat...We initially decided no, but I was reading the article here on TK about some of their favorite vows and then I just felt like it would be nice for us to do that for one another...Maybe I should just get him a card?? LOL!!
  • Options
    aquarius125aquarius125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are writing our own vows.
  • Options
    latrice946latrice946 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've written our own vows
  • Options
    ak1226ak1226 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am writing my own vows. If you need help writing them page me and let me know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing our own.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're planning on writing our own vows as well, or at least incorporating some of our personal thoughts and feelings into the ceremony. I'm hoping I can make it through as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards