Missouri-Kansas City

KC knotties...I need your help!

I'm new to the KC area and am looking for a Bed & Breakfast or romantic cabin kinda place, prefereably outside of the city, to spend our first anniversary. Any ideas?? TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: KC knotties...I need your help!

• rosa09rosa09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Weston, MO for B&Bs.  Also, not sure if this is too far, but check out Big Cedar.  It is a few hours away though. 
  • tigernhtigernh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a nice one in Fort Scott that is called Lyons Twin Mansion
  • edited December 2011
    There are a few very beautifule ones in Paola and in Osawatomie.  Both pretty small towns and only 30 min south of Olathe.  There is one called Canon Oaks in Paola that is out by the lake to it is on the country side which would be more peaceful.  :)  hope this helps!!!
  • erinvverinvv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a really great place in Cole Camp, MO (about 80 miles from KC) called Thyme's Past. I used to live next door to it and they have amazing food, a great small town Americana feel to the town, and are really sweet friendly people. Warrensburg, Missouri also has some great places you should check out. It's a college town so there are plenty of things in the are to explore. Also, there is a place in Overbrook, KS that is really beautiful and in the fall they have apple picking and a cider press. I can't think of the name off the top of my head, but they are family friends of my parents so I could easily get you their information. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    i definitely recommend weston!!
    jenifriend
    may flower
  • LindyLLindyL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not that far out of the city but Parkville has some really cute ones just off of their Main Street area. In Weston I'd go with The Hatchery and not the one right next to O'Malley's IMO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards