Florida-South Florida
Options

Ceremony switch! Aaaaah!

Ladies.So when I was about to go with the Boca Resort, I was also about to book a medium-sized, cozy and beautiful church 5 minutes awaaay from the Boca Resort.Now that I've moved venues I am trying to look for another church with a decent distance from the Breakers, because I'm going to have a considerable amount of OOT guests, and it'd be easier for them to have the church near.This hunt sucks. I haven't found anything, and if I have, they have ridiculous regulations ("Ceremonies to end at 3:30pm at the most" ... yeah with a 8:00 pm reception) or they just won't let non-members rent the venue.So I'm ditching the romantic idea of getting married in a church :'( and being practical. The ceremony will be here now: http://tiny.cc/l6zD4I realize wedding come with a lot of compromises and if this is one of them I'm more than fine with that :)... Or at least I'm very much trying to, lol.

Re: Ceremony switch! Aaaaah!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    :(   I'm sorry. that's so frustrating!BUT.. IMO, your guests will be VERRRRRRYYY thankful. I considered using a synogogue for ceremony - but after careful consideration (and after reviewing costs..) - I realized it was easier to have everything at the same spot. It's going to be lovely! No matter what, as long as there is love ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the ceremony will be beautiful in that room. And like Courtney said it will be much easier for your OOT guests.
  • Options
    oyepoohoyepooh member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hello, that room is stunning!!  I know it's not the Church you were dreaming of but it will be lovely all the same. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Exactly, exactly! Not only that, but we'll save us the whole craziness of having the limo (or just car), and the DOC can have the gaps covered! It'll give me more peace of mind, definitely.
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally understand! We wanted to get married in the temple I have gone to since I was 3, but because shabbat isn't over until 8:45pm in May, we couldn't do that. We also had to settle for getting married in the cocktail/reception venue. I was really sad in the beginning but realized how much easier it will be. Plus... that room is AMAZING! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do have to say the Gold room is such a pretty consolation prize lol, and my fiance made such good arguments when I first opposed the idea of not getting married in a church.He went pwned me with:"Church is not a building!"And I was sold, lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awww... I am so glad for you guys. I know you originally wanted to get married in a church and for very good reasons.... but this will be absolutely perfect, charming, beautiful, etc... The same thing happened with me. I am no longer getting married in the church and had to switch venues, but I know it is going to be so beautiful!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know how you feel. I originally wanted to get married at our home church, but then when we decided to get married the day before Easter, that obviously wasnt going to be a possibility. Honestly, I am just as happy with my wedding day as I would have been had it been at the church.   And I agree with everyone else... the room you are having it in is stunning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards