Wedding Party

BM dresses that are alot like J.Crew

Hey.  I was wondering if someone could give me some other designers that offer dresses that could likely be worn again.  I have looked at Dessy and After Six and they don't seem as casual as J.Crew.  I really like J.Crews line, but I'm not sure my girls would want to pay 200+ for a dress.TIA! 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: BM dresses that are alot like J.Crew

• Lela rose? They might be priced the same though Ann Taylor has a occassions line that you might want to look into
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks.  I have looked at Lela Rose and I love them, but I wasn't sure about the price.  I think I have heard that they're kinda pricey.  I really like the Ann Taylor though.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have two of the Ann Taylor "Celebrations" dresses and really like them. Have you looked for the J. Crew dresses online? I was looking for one style myself a couple days ago, and found a TON of "new with tags" dresses for under $100 apiece. If you and your girls love the J. Crew dresses and know what sizes they'd need, maybe that's an option for you.
  • I have looked at them.  I saw the dresses on sale for 100 and less, but I'm wanting to use blues.  The dresses that were on sale were corals, pinks, and yellows.   I am going to stalk them to see if the blues ever get marked down. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ann Taylor comes to mind. Also look at J.Crew's sales.  Sometimes they have some great buys. 
  • I know david's bridal has a few that resemble the ones on J. Crew because I saw one that is almost exactly like the ones my girls are wearing (from J. Crew). Like pp said, they do have sales sometimes and if you live near an outlet you could always give them a call. I know their sale dresses are usually just on certain colors and not the neutrals (black, brown, etc).
  • My bridesmaids got Jcrew dresses and they were only $89, if you look in the "little dress" section online, you will find some cheaper dresses.
  • Try nordstrom.com and bluefly.com as well.
  • Also, in addition to watching for dresses to be marked down on Jcrew, sign up for their emails.  Every 6 weeks or so they send out a 20% off coupon.  That makes a $200 dress much more reasonable to purchase.  Plus your girls probably won't have to spend $30-50 on alterations like regular BM dresses would require.
  • just fyi, we looked at lela rose dresses and they are in the $300 range.
  • Mori Lee's affairs collection is kind of casual and I think most of them are under $200.  They are at the shop here anyway.
  • Oh and Dillards.com has several dresses around $80-$100 that would work well.
  • Another thought - is there a J. Crew outlet/factory store near you?
  • Thanks for all of the advice.  Yea there is a j.crew store in my town.  I'm actually going to go tomorrow to see if one of the dresses that I want to buy is marked down.  fingers crossed. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards