Illinois-Chicago
Options

Former Knottie with a NWR question!

Hi, My husband and I are traveling to Chicago in a few weeks and I'd love some restaurant recommendations.  We're staying at the Renaissance Hotel in downtown Chicago, so something in that area would be great.  TIA!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Former Knottie with a NWR question!

• Options
    Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Any of the big steak houses are a good choice, but pricey...Gibsons, Morton's, Ruth's Chris (my persona rec). If you are looking for a more relaxed dinner, I recommend Uno's, Gino's East or Giordano's for deep dish pizza. If you're looking for something more "middle of the road" I would suggest Weber Grill. Great food and it's so cool to watch them cook on HUGE weber grills. I highly recommend using metromix.com to find something that's tailored to what your looking for though. It has the capability to sort though what part of the city you want and price range and cuisine. I use it all the time.
    When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • Options
    girlinchicagogirlinchicago member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you like tapas, Cafe Iberico on Lasalle is fantastic.  It's much more authentic than any of the other tapas places in Chicago.  Good food, good prices, delicious sangria! 
    Photobucket Vacation Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance manages Boka restaurant on Halsted, it is amazing!  The group also opened a restaurant called Perennial, on Lincoln or Wells or something, and it is great for brunch...had to put the plug in there, but really they are both wonderful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My personal favs are: Gibsons - Steak Shaws - Seafood Carnival - Latin Fusion However I would also check Yelp.com and search by cuisine type or even the area you want to stay in; while metromix can list restaurants it doesn't have any reviews. And Yelp has a HUGE community here in Chicago with a TON of reviews!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Steakhouse: Saloon Steakhouse, Gibson's Italian: Gioco, Quartino, Spiaggia French: Marche, Bistro 110 Seafood: Joe's Stone Crab, Riva on Navy Pier Drinks with a view: Signature Room on the 96th floor @ John Hancock, The Wit hotel, ZED 451 Bar-hopping: Hubbard Street is up the street from your hotel. Other favorites: Tizi Melloul, Sunda, Green Zebra, Naha, anything on Randolph Street Enjoy your time here!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would second Weber Grill- its a fun place, great food, not too expensive and fun to watch them cook on the grills! They are even open for breakfast and lunch- and most everything is made on the grill! And you're got to get some Chicago style pizza too! Any of those mentioned above are good. Although Vito and Nick's on the southside is my favorite.I would also say try chow.com - they always have great Chicago recs. And my fiance has his own food blog- we live in Michigan now but are from Chicago and go there to eat all the time www.midmichigandining.com - you can find all the Chi reviews in the Illinois section.. hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the yelp recommendation... you can even search by Chicago neighborhood to find great dining options.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone!  These are great suggestions!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards