California-San Diego

Breakers Beach/Island Club Wedding Info, please!

Hello!Has anyone been married on Breakers Beach? I want a beach theme, wind in my hair, sand in my toes kind of wedding! I know there's a deck for a ceremony site but is there the option of getting married on the sand? I'm looking to get married sometime in September/October of next year. Any reviews of the site itself, the weather, any info would be most appreciated (I live in San Francisco, so it's a little hard to just call and stop by).

Re: Breakers Beach/Island Club Wedding Info, please!

• edited December 2011
    The site itself is nice. It's very simple, but definitely perfect for what you've described. September and October are very nice in San Diego, but can get really hot (think 90's or above on the coast). It's definitely hit or miss. I'm not sure if you ware aware, but Breakers Beach and the Island Club are both military base venues. You have to have a military "sponsor" to be able to book those. Not sure if you already have a sponsor, but just thought you should know in case you missed that part.
  • LeAnna&TomLeAnna&Tom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It will get a bit breeze every afternoon.  Bathrooms are not that great but ok.  This beach is not near as crowded at down the road on the Nado side (as the locals call it) but the same great feel, you should have no problem walking out and picking a spot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards