March 2012 Weddings
Options

Feeling guilty

My mom convinced me that if I invited my uncle's ex wife to the wedding it would make several people uncomfortable. Most of the family feels she abandoned my uncle, but I'm not sure I agree.  I haven't had much contact with her since they divorced. I reluctantly went with my mom, but did invite all her kids. Now my uncle isn't even coming and my ex-aunt (??) sent me a Facebook message saying my cousin told her we were getting married this month and best of wishes. I didn't know what to say but thanks. I felt like I should explain but I didn't. :(

Re: Feeling guilty

• Options
    That's a tricky situation.  Given the situation, it probably was best that you didn't invite her.  As far as what to say to her, I'm not really sure if you really need to go into detail because I am sure she has figured out why she did not get an invitation.  My uncle's ex wife is invited and is coming to our wedding.  She was also at my bridal shower.  To me she is my aunt and always will be.  It's been at least ten years since they have been divorced though. My uncle has since remarried (his wife is just his wife to me) and they have a cordial relationship.  She attends quite a bit of our family functions (they have a daughter together). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards