African American Weddings

Recessional songs

Does anyone have any good recessional song ideas to use in a church. I can think of TONS that I can use if we wasn't getting married in a church but so far I haven't thought of any that I could use for the recessional.I'm looking for something to preferrably be a little bit more modern and upbeat.I have all the other songs I want to use but I'm stumped when it comes to the recessional:Bridal party processional: Close to you by Bebe and CeCe WinansMy entrance: Halo by Beyonce (My future step-daughter will also be singing this).Unity Candle Lighting: The prayer by Yolanda Adams and Donnie McClurkinRecessional: I'm stuck on this one????

Re: Recessional songs

• edited December 2011
    I dont have any suggestions - Just wanted to share/comment:I think your selections are great! I had a hard time too.I am getting married in the church and I am not using any Christian songs for the processional or recessional, however the pastor's daughter whom I love and another young lady are going to sing "My Love, My Life, My All" During our sand ceremony with the kids and "Total Praise" after we exchange rings and vows. We are walking out to "For Once in My Life" by Stevie Wonder.I am debating "The Way of Love" by Michelle Williams for my processional - I love that song.
  • edited December 2011
      Hmm, I guess I should check with the pastor to see if we can use a non-christian but approrpiate song . I just assumed since it was in the church it needed to be a Christian song. At first I was wondering about even using Halo but my FI told me it was appropriate.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah - check and see; I mean we arent going way left or anything. We are using: Kenny G "Forever in Love (Parents/Clergy/Fi and Best Man) Teddy P "Latest Greatest Inspiration (Bridal Party)Brandy "He Is" Children of B & G and Ring BearessWhitney Houston or Michelle Williams Bride's entrance.
  • ddyoungddyoung member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My first thought was the Bebe and Cece song but you already have that one! If you're not going to go with a Christian song I like ruben studdard's 'together' it is nice and upbeat (the 2nd verse is kinda iffy so maybe even the instrumental. but you'll all be out by then anyway and noone is going to be paying attn to the words) HTH I'll be thinking of more. I stay on imeem looking at wedding playlists...
  • bridecharismabridecharisma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Were using all my life by kci and jojo
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married in a church as well and the minister did approve of the songs that we selected. I think nowadays, they don't focus on music for a wedding like they use to because people just know what is appropriate or inappropriate. Also artist are making the music for this type of occasion so it's safer I think IMHO.Quick note: I am also using Forever in love for the parents, minister, fi and best man. But Kenny G will be playing throughout upon the arrival of my guest. I ordered all of his cd's from amazon, day before yesterday.(Rajah and I have the same idea in mind) Bridal Processional: Point of it All by Anthony Hamilton My entrance: That Somebody was you by Kenny G ft. Toni Braxton Sand Ceremony: The one he kept for me by Maurette Clark Brown Recessional: A Whole New World by Peabo Bryson and Regina Bell
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • oburrelloburrell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about "O Happy Day" ?
  • Crook251Crook251 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just throwing something out there............God's Got a Blessing might be a good one! Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker Married: December 19, 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards