Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

*LaLaPatches* short 50s dresses

i saw you are looking for a short 1950's style wedding dress. I have a replica of this dress I am selling that I am not going to end up wearing for really cheap: [img]http://planningtoelope.com/images/dresses/michelleroth_maya.jpg[/img] But anyways, I saw that you love the lace one from the UK designer,in your bio- I am not sure if you checked her out yet but Dolly Couture makes very similar styles, and can customize your dress too so she could probably make something very similar to that lace dress. her website is www.dollycouture.net ! And all her dresses are under $1,000. you can even get a custom colored petticoat! I was very close to ordering my dress from her but ended up going floor length in the end.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: *LaLaPatches* short 50s dresses

• Options
    Hi there.  I love that dress.  I actually have a pictur of it in my inspiration board.  I have checked out Dolly Couture.  My biggist issue with ordering from them or any other place online, is that I want to be able to try it on.  I want the experience of going to find my dress.  I do love the polka dots.
    MyBio
    Yes I am.....Living the Dream
  • Options
     But just out of curiosity....what size is the dress and how much are you selling it for?
    MyBio
  • Options
    the dress is a street size 8/medium. I usually wear an 8 in a normal dress or a 10 depending on the bust. The dress was worn once by another bride who had it made by julius Bridal in nyc, she also had her seamstress let out the seems on the inside because i think it was initially a street size 6, so it could easily be taken back in she also had it made to just below the knee length and had some of the tulle underneath removed because it is very very puffy. It fits me perfect as it is right now in the sense that you would not need to wear any sort of corset/bra thing underneath since the bodice is very fitted. I am willing to take a loss on it since it is worn once and I am never going to wear it now. Email me daniellepanda@gmail.com if you are interested -If you want I can send you some photos too. I was thinking around $300.
  • Options
    I would love to see pictures.  I just emailed you.
    MyBio
  • Options
    I sent you the pictures and measurements last night :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards