New York-Upstate
Options

Mother of the Bride Dresses

Any suggestions where to go in Rochester? So far we've looked at Alfred Angelo, Lord and Taylor, Macy's, Bon Ton, and some place on Main Street in Fairport (dont' remember the name) and we've come up with nothing.

Re: Mother of the Bride Dresses

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What kind of dress are you looking for?  Maybe that will help us give you suggestions...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ditto anna- how formal are you looking? is she looking for a "typical" MOB dress with like a bolero by a "wedding" designer or just a formal dress?
  • Options
    S_A_FriedelS_A_Friedel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Mom found some really nice ones at the Dress Barn actually - and fairly cheap, all under $50-60! But again, depends on the style she is looking for.  My Mom was looking for a tea-length style so they had alot of choices. Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom was dead set against wearing an "old lady dress'" so she actually ordered what was considered a "bridesmaid" dress from a bridal shop.
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Me:31 Husband:29 Diagnosis: DOR and MFI
    TTC #1 since 11/10
    7 failed IUI cycles
    1 attempted IVF - converted to TI (poor response)
    Moving to DE in summer 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the Dress barn. They have alot of cute stuff. I just got my shower dress there last week and got sooooo many complements on it. I went to the on jefferson rd. Next to Ulta Beauty. They had a great selection.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my mom got hers at Bridal Belle in Hennrietta. They were fantastic and she loves her dress.
    Baby, you've got the sort of eyes that tell me tales...
    :Blog:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom also got hers from Bridal Belle in Henrietta.  They were super nice and the dress looks fantastic.  They have a great selection!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    keep looking at lord and taylor... both my mom and future mother in law got theirs there at different times.  The dresses change so frequently and you have time don't give up on them... they also have a person on staff that does alterations.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Heart to Heart Bridal in Manchester- both moms got their dresses there- very reasonably priced too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards