Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Unmentionables

OK, so here is my dillemma.  David's Bridal is "making" my dress (I found one on the rack I liked, but they are doing a lot of alterations to make it one I LOVE) and it has a halter top neckline.  They strongly suggest the bride wear a bustier with the dress, and the one that they have to go with my dress serves its purpose alright, but its so drab.  Plain white and boring.  Maybe it's just me, but when my dress comes off, I want to still feel sexy!  so I have looked around online for a prettier replacement, but all I seem to be finding is "costume" type things that really serve no real structural purpose and seem to be in fancy pink/black/red colors.  Not good for my wedding dress. The few that I have found that I like seem to be built for strapless dresses, not deep V halters, so the top of the boustier shows in the V of the dress.  So my question is, has anyone else encountered a similar problem?  and if so, what was the solution?

Re: Unmentionables

• Options
    You could wear that one to the wedding, then change into a cuter one once you're in your hotel room with FI.
  • Options
    agree with pp!  I'm letting FI take off my lacy shoes and unzip me... but then I'm slinking into the bathroom to get freshened up real quick and slip into something SEXY!  Just imagine his anticipation as he waits on the other side of the door.  I don't know about everyone else but I think it's a hot and steamy idea that gets the functionality for the wedding but the allure of some exotic lingerine.
  • Options
    I agree with pp on having another one you slip into.  Otherwise, depending on how slinky the dress is that you're wearing, could you add lace or small beading or something to the bustier?  Anything to just up the appeal of it?
  • Options
    take a visit to your friendly neighborhood Victoria Secrets.  They have bra's for every dilemma, and usually they are really sexy. 
  • Options
    i want to go get this, and it is a lace up corset so more curves and a tighter tummy!!!http://www.fredericks.com/Hollywood_Dream_Corset/51786,default,pd.html?cgid=co4
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards