Ohio-Northeast

Vendor Reviews: July 4, 2009

Hi Ladies! I am posting a much shorter version of our vendor reviews on here with a link to the detailed version on my bio. Overall, we had a great day with awesome weather and wonderful people to start our lives together! :) Lemme know if you have questions about something I wrote! {If you click on the wedding photos link on the side bar of the review page, you can see a couple teaser shots.} Longer Version with Explanations: http://paulinewedding2009.googlepages.com/vendorreviews%28post-wedding%29 Dress David's Bridal (Mayfield/Lyndhurst); Consultant: Lindsey T. Grade: A+ Alterations Julianne’s Bridal – Olmstead Falls Grade: A+ (Bustle and minor alts on my gown, One BM, and Two family members also had work on their ensembles done by Denise) Ceremony Amasa Stone Chapel Contact: Karen Cohen at (216) 368-3636 or karen@case.edu Grade: A++ Highly recommend. Ceremony Music John (DH’s employee/friend; contact me for info) Grade: A+++ Officiant Reverend Angelle Keiffer (RevAngelle@OhioWeddings.org) Grade: A- Florist J.J. Rose’s Floral (440) 437-8955 Grade: B (Please see bio prior to using this vendor) Limousine All Occasions Limousine Contact: Tracey Burke at (440) 257-8728 or aolimo@aolimousine.com Grade: A Reception Hall Thunder Hill Golf Club Contact: Todd Bishop at (440) 298-3474 or TJBFORE@prodigy.net Grade: C+ (Please see bio for FULL explanation) If I had it to do over, I would choose this vendor again, with a few reservations. This is another place where we’re not 100% happy with the outcome, but the guests certainly wouldn’t have any idea something went wrong. THAT is why TH gets a C and not a D. TH is still getting their feet wet in the wedding business, so I’m sure some of the issues were a result of inexperience. Aside from not having guests see all the issues, THE SAVING GRACE was unexpected fireworks provided by the owners of TH. Recall that our wedding was on July 4th and take into account that we became a couple and got engaged underneath fireworks? It was so special to us (regardless of the fact that they probably did it for their family’s sake and not ours). So, all of our guests got to see fireworks and we got to keep with tradition. DJ The DJ Crew Contact: John at (330) 869-5665 or john@thedjcrew.com Grade: A- (Full explanation in bio) Phil was our lead dj and Tyrone, the assistant. We had an overall good experience with this vendor as well. An issue or two with playing the “must play” and not playing the “DNP” list. I would agree with another one of the knotties who questioned whether their services are worth the full price they quote you to begin with, though. Cake Miss Molly’s Cakes Contact: Molly at (440) 259-2075 Grade: A+ Miss Molly truly knows her craft and we have nothing but good things to say about her. She was really generous and caring with us. If you want years of experience at a novice price or buttercream with a fondant look, definitely give her a call. Photography Liz Haas Photography Contact: (216) 571-0486 or liz.haas@mac.com Grade: A+++++++ (prior to receipt of actual images) Liz is by far the best money we spent during the entire wedding process. She was on time, professional, refreshing, and fun to be around. Liz endured a ride on the limo golf cart that was anything but smooth, practically falling off the thing in order to get shots en route. She went out of her way to make sure her presence wasn’t intrusive and even triple-checked with us before she left for the evening. The teasers she sent me the NEXT DAY stunned us all to tears and I’m anything but photogenic imho. When we get the DVD of images, I’m sure I’ll update this post with an additional rave. Tuxedos American Commodore (South Euclid) Contact: Charles at (216) 382-2889 Grade: A+ Charles is the manager at the Main Warehouse Store and aside from miss-recording the type of tie DH requested (which he quickly fixed upon being notified); we had no issues with them. All ordering, pick-ups, and drop-offs went 100% as they should. Salon Judie Nicole’s Unisex Salon 408 Bacon Road Painesville, Ohio 44077 Contact: Judy at (440) 354-5839 Grade: A+++ Judy is the owner of the salon and upon hearing that I was having a bit of a hard time finding somewhere willing to be open on the 4th of July, became my new best friend. It didn’t even faze her that none of her own employees were willing to work that morning, she simply told us to be there at 9am and it would be taken care of. She had the receptionist call me to set-up a trial as well – free of charge. The morning of the wedding, we got there right at 9am and she was ready for us. Judy, by herself, did my hair, 3 BMs, and my mom’s in 2 ½ hours. Judy also charged me about half of what any other salon I’d spoken with quoted for the same thing and that was before they balked at it being a holiday morning. I highly recommend this salon for hair services, tanning, nails, and massage. If you’re on the east side, definitely check them out.

Re: Vendor Reviews: July 4, 2009

• juliet1503juliet1503 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • PolarBearFansPolarBearFans member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I read the bit about your reception site and all i can say is WOW lol... it will be something to laugh about years from now, and at least you didn't let it ruin your day. i would have been outraged, but it sounds like it all worked out for you :)
  • CrawfordecCrawfordec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Overall seemed like a great day !!! Question about the Chapel .. I am looking for a ceremony location still ... you don't have to be a member to use the Chapel .. do you ? ** I know dumb question. **
  • ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow - detailed and thorough! thanks for the reviews and if noone else noticed - thats a good thing!
  • juliet1503juliet1503 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PolarBear: Yeah, I was freaking livid. . . but decided not to let it ruin the day. . . but I'm still seething about the food. lol. Crawford: You have to be a Case alumni or close family member of one. Not a silly question at all! Angela: Thanks! No one noticing except us was what kept some of the vendors alive. lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards