California-Orange County

Am I overreacting? Wedding in 7 days, lots still not done.

Hi, Do you think I'm overreacting? I've been a mellow bride till now. 125 guests in 7 days. My wedding planner has sent me a revised timeline for the day and its super loose in my opinion. No mention of when the band starts playing, no list of family photos to be taken, hasn't made any contact w/ my videographer. At this point, shouldn't the details all be nailed down? Or should I relax a bit and just not worry about it? PS. She has serving a special desert at the same time that the dancing starts, will anyone dance?

Re: Am I overreacting? Wedding in 7 days, lots still not done.

• Soon2BeENRSoon2BeENR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would really just let loose and try to take a deep breath. If you plan everything down to the last minute and something goes wrong, you'll be stressed about it on your wedding day.  But if you leave it open, you won't have any expectations, so you won't worry about anything!  I would push her to get in contact with your videographer.  You DEFINITELY want him to show up on time! Good luck, congratulations, and enjoy your last week of single-dom!
  • edited December 2011
    if you have a reputable wedding planner, then relax and trust that she knows what she is doing. good luck and congrats!!!
    Meagan and Travis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 2/27/11 Missed M/C 4/2/11
    BFP 6/8/11 Delilah Rae born February 17, 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If it will put your mind at ease, just call her and double check that she has a more detailed timeline for herself (if she's coordinating on the day-of) or for each of the vendors.  If she's not coordinating on the day-of, definitely make sure the vendors know what's going on - I didn't have a coordinator and on the day of the last thing I wanted was to be giving directions to people, but that's what I was doing sometimes.She doesn't have to share a more detailed timeline with you, because as pp mentioned if something is off and you're aware of it you might get stressed.  But there's nothing wrong with making sure that everything has been communicated with the vendors and all the details are organized.
  • alitowed2009alitowed2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the above post, just talk to her. Your planner is there to put your mind at ease not make you more stressed! Good Luck with everything!
  • pengurlpengurl member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Original Poster here heading in to wedding week. I took everyones advice and played it cool. This is a professional right? Plan B is going in to effect. 5 days until the wedding and I don't have: **updated timeline with any details (hair & makeup 8am-1pm) **a timeline for the bridal party on the wedding day **a list of outstanding vendor payments due, **comprehensive list of what still needs to be accomplished **a list of which vendors they have made contact with and a list of items still owed to them and exsisting conflicts for them and the schedule As of yesterday, there are at least 4 vendors that there was no contact with. I got an email 2 days ago from the videographer wondering if he was still doing the wedding. Hmm, I wonder if this planner is a fraud? Thoughts?
  • edited December 2011
    sounds like I would put a call into her and let her know your concerns...asap so she can address them
  • Tygerlily22Tygerlily22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have concerns about the final schedule ask your coordinator to handle them and to get back to you with confirmations pronto.  On the other hand, relax and don't stress.  Most vendors rely on a loose timeframe until just a few days before the wedding when everything is firmed up and the schedule is nailed down.  If you feel your final schedule is a little loose , it definately warrants a phone call.  No vendor should be calling you and asking if they are still on!  Also, yes, guests will eat desert over dancing.  Start the dancing later.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards