Not Engaged Yet
Options

too much time on the knot

I am a doofus.  I just wrote an email to the people who are re-sizing my ring.  I realized after I sent it that I wrote "FI" instead of "fiance". Wow, do I feel stupid. I think I need to stage an intervention for myself.

Re: too much time on the knot

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess did the verbal equivalent of that the other day. Two of my roommates are engaged (to each other), in the 2 years I've known the guy I've referred to him as his nickname, not his real first name. For some reason in conversation I actually used his real name causing someone to ask me who the heck I was talking about. To which I replied, oh my roommate, you know, Lisa's FI*pause*ance
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Last night FI and I were at a rangers game (we live in texas) and he asked me what DH meant...he was meaning in baseball terms but I immediately replied dear husband, he just laughed!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I called my fiance "FI" to his face once.  I write in 'Knot speak' all the time.  My mom still gets disgusted when I send her emails containing the abbreviations STD and BM.
  • Options
    Lilika FlowerLilika Flower member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do that all the time.. I did it on a job application (emergency contact) by accident... that really made me feel stupid!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Katie - I'm going to burn your reply into my brain so that when I the time comes I don't make that mistake I imagine my mother (who I communicate with mostly via email) repeating my abbreviations and what she thought they were over and over again at family functions. LOL
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "FI" has become our new nickname for eachother.
    siggya>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards