California-San Diego
Options

Recommendations for reasonably priced venues for restaurant reception near San Diego Maritime Museum

Hello!

I'm trying to get a head start on planning our restaurant reception cocktail luncheon on 02.14.14. We are having our ceremony aboard the Star of India at the San Diego Maritime Museum, but after meeting with the coordinator there, holding the reception there is a bit out of our price range. We are having a quick, fairly casual ceremony around 1:00 PM and then I'm hoping to find a restaurant nearby to hold a cocktail luncheon right after. I'm hoping for casual, yet elegant, and not too far away from the ceremony site. 

Any suggestions/experiences would be appreciated. 

Thank you!

Re: Recommendations for reasonably priced venues for restaurant reception near San Diego Maritime Museum

• Options
    Check out Solare Restaurant in Point Loma. It's a 5-7 minute drive from your ceremony site. We hosted a dinner there after the church blessing on our marriage and the food was AMAZING (we are foodies). We just had our guests order off the regular menu which is very reasonably priced especially considering the high quality of food. But they will also help you create a set menu. The only challenge I see you up against is that Valentine's day is incredibly busy for restaurants but hopefully since your ceremony is so early it won't pose a problem for you. 
  • Options
    How many guests? And what is your definition of a "cocktail luncheon"? The Maritime Museum is right by Little Italy, Seaport Village, the Gaslamp, etc. so you have a huge range of restaurant options. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards