Indiana-Indianapolis

venue ideas downtown possibly...help

looking for some budget friendly options possibly downtown. i found a place in Columbus, in called Factory 12 Event Loft...love the look!! thinking about a fall or winter wedding...any ideas?

Re: venue ideas downtown possibly...help

• The Indiana State House is a great place for a ceremony :) I am getting married there next summer. It's gorgeous inside and not bad on price.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • You can also rent a tent on the canal for a good price. Columbia Club is less expensive than you would think, though their food/drink prices are high! Indianapolis Zoo is also more affordable than you'd think too! I'm getting married at The Mavris which is about average in pricing for Downtown venues.

More Expensive: Marion County Library, Union Station, Indiana State Museum
  • We did a lot of cost comparing and number crunching and found Fountain Square Theater, Sahm's Atrium (in the One America building) and the Marott (at Meridian and Fall Creek) to be the most reasonable for what we wanted.  Last I knew, they still had fall dates available.  Good luck!
    September 2012: Invitations

• S0095042S0095042 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Depending out your budget, you might consider these moderately priced venues:

The Skyline Club (One American building)
    Indy Zoo
    The State House (a LOT of bang for your buck, but need a reception venue too)
    Sailor & Solider's Monument

...if looking for more, check out Indy photog's websites...they often list the venue and you can get a fell for it.
    Anniversary
  • edited February 2012
    Having our reception at the Artsgarden on March 17.  To see pics, go to Jessica Strickland's blog and search Artsgarden.  It's beautiful at night.
  • The Sanctuary on Penn.... BEAUTIFUL new place downtown...willing to work with any budget
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had our ceremony at the ArtsGarden and dinner/reception at Harry and Izzys. Very affordable but we also only had 32 people total.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used to work at OneAmerica - the little courtyard/atrium thing is nice (it was ALWAYS closed for employees), and the Sahm's food is really good. Also Skyline Club is at the top of the tower, and it's really nice and has a greatview of the city (but might be pricey).
  • They absolutely are not willing to work with any budget. For venue rental and catering alone on a Saturday it is $13,000. Pretty darn pricey for that area of town.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards