Michigan-Lansing
Options

Vendor Reviews (LONG, sorry!!)

Hey Ladies!!  I got married July 18th, and just wanted to stop in and offer my reviews.  We had a beautiful day and couldn't do it without all these wonderful people!!Lexington Lansing Hotel on Creyts (formerly the Lansing Sheraton) - Reception/Catering/Hotel Blocks - A+++ Best Decision Other Than the GroomWe booked for our July wedding in April of 2008.  In the midst of the year, they had a personnel change of their wedding coordinator, which we weren't notified about and made us super nervous (one of the main reasons we booked was because of the personalities!!) All fears to rest.  Tara is AMAZING.  They went above and beyond to make our day special.  A couple wrenches were thrown in our plan (extra guests, cake FOUR hours late...) and they handled them all beautifully.  Rooms were great (accomodations and price), there's a restaurant and bar in the lobby, which guests really enjoyed.  Also, since we had lots of OOTers, it was good to have something right off the expressway.  Pretty much can't say enough good things.  GREAT food, GREAT service, BEAUTIFUL ballroom.  Okay, I'm done :)St. Thomas Aquinas on Alton Rd - Ceremony VenueA++This is my parents parish in EL.  I planned my wedding from Dallas, and Father Dave was GREAT all the way through.  However, they had reassignments beginning July 1st (I got lucky with personnel changes!!) and so we began working with a different priest.  To be honest, it didn't really matter because we had a family friend officiate, and used all independent musicians.  The church is beautiful, the priests went above and beyond to be present even though they weren't officiating, and the office staff is awesome.  Also, they do offer a VERY affordable, high quality video recording through the cameras they use for outreach mass (on tv Sunday mornings).  Review on that pending... Sullivan By Design - STD, Invites, Programs, Menus, etc - A+++ (masullivan @ ameritech dot net) I've known MaryAnn for years and have always been very impressed by her work.  She is a perfectionist, but the sweetest lady and can work with your vision or work totally from scratch.  I showed her some samples of designs I liked, and she came up with something totally original that I LOVED.  She carried the theme throughout and everyone said how beautiful all of our paper was.Jessica Cornman Photography - A++ (pictures pending)Jessica is a delight.  I totally fell in love with her the first time I met her.  She worked with me to adjust her packages since I knew exactly what I wanted.  She's a total ninja during the day (you didn't even know she was there) but is still assertive and kept things moving during formal portraits and made sure I got my must haves.  She even stayed at my reception an hour later than I had hired her to try and capture the late cake (I eventually just let her go, because we didn't see any progress!!) I love her work, and although I haven't gotten my pics back yet, I know they'll be beautiful.Sebesta Design - A-it hurts to give Corinne anything less than the A++s above, especially since her work is absolutely GOREGOUS and she totally works with your budget and vision.  She spent SO much time with me over the phone/email sending pictures back and forth and really stuck with me budget wise.  I DIYed reception stuff, but she did some aisle clusters, an alter arrangement, bouquets, bouts and corsages.  Everything was beautiful and held up beautifully--except the wrist corsages.  My mom's corsage fell apart almost as soon as she put it on and the same happened to the other ladies we wanted to honor.  It bums me out, but PLEASE don't let that deter you from getting in touch with Corinne.  She's AWESOME.Electric Horizons - A++Approachable, Affordable, Awesome.  I met with Kim in December and loved his laid back approach.  He and his wife are very professional and were a breath of fresh air from all the other DJs I talked to and the prices I was quoted.  They are incredibly thorough and detailed and our reception was EXACTLY how I envisioned. They were flexible with the cake situation and after several false alarms (NOT their fault) played Mission Impossible when the cake finally arrived.  They gauged the reception beautifully and did whatever anyone asked.  Again, can't say enough great things.  Bonus - *two DJs for the price of one :)Clara's Lansing Station - Rehearsal Dinner - A++Clara's was awesome.  The food was great, and was very affordable.  We had a big party (30!!) and they set up a U shaped table in the fireplace room for us.  The service was great and they let us bring in dessert.  Definitely a great vibe for the RD :)Capellini Salon (in Haslett) - A+++We invaded the salon the morning of the wedding.  8 of us drank mimosas, and had panera bagels and seriously took over.  The girls were great and friendly, and everybody loved their hair.  My stylist was Christy.  I had a trial run, and she listened to everything I had to say, took it down, put it up, etc.  The day of it was PERFECT.  highly recommend. ($50 for an updo)Becker's Bridal - A++I got my dress at Becker's in October.  I was SO impressed with their selection, and found a dress WAY under my budget.  Granted, I bought a sample off the floor and didn't have my alterations done there, but the service is amazing and Mona was awesome.Men's Wearhouse - A++I heard so many bad things about MW on theknot, but we had no problems.  We set things up in TX and we had people coming from Oregon, Detroit, Lansing, Kalamazoo, everywhere.  They were great and no one had complaints.  Alterations within an hour and good service @ the Lansing Mall. (can't vouch for others)*Note: My cake maker was a family friend who used to work professionally in a bakery but is no longer taking clients other than friends and family.  Our cakes were AMAZING - beautiful and delicious, just a little late.  Just remember that SOMETHING will go wrong, and all that matters is you're married.Sorry this ended up so long!!  if you have any questions feel free to email me: amsulli @ gmail dot com.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vendor Reviews (LONG, sorry!!)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    *Addendum:  I just got in touch with Corinne @ Sebesta Designs and she is completely refunding my money for the corsages that broke.  New grade: A++
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews! I found almost every one helpful to my planning! :)
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :)image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad everything turned out so great for your wedding. When I heard the Sheraton would now be the Lexington I wondered how that would affect you. Sounds like not at all! GREAT! Can't wait to see pictures!
  • Options
    MyHoney327MyHoney327 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews! I am using Christy from Capellini Salon as well, and I Love her!! She has done my hair many of times for events, and does an awesome job!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards