Honeymoon Discussions

Aruba Mariott bummer

I just found out that the resort we will be staying at in Aruba will start major pool and outdoor renovations the day after we arrive. I am totally bummed out. We decided between many destinations we had in mind - if I knew this was going on, we would have chosen another. :-(
Photobucket

Re: Aruba Mariott bummer

• WOW!  that is a major downer.  Did you book through a travel agent?  If so, I would complain that he/she didn't advise you of this - its there job!  If not, why not see if you can cancel and reschedule either to another hotel or destination?  You can always go back to Aruba another time.
  • So, cancell it and make it somewhere else!
    Spring Break 2013
  • Which Marriot are you staying at I will be at the ocean Club in September and FI is going to be really upset if the pool is closed, ekkkkkk!!
  • We are going there for our honeymoon in Sept, and just saw this too.  The pool at the main resort will be closed, but you will have access to the pool at the Ocean and Surf club, so its not like you won't have a pool.  Its all literally on the same grounds.  My aunt has a timeshare at the Ocean club and said their pool is great.
    B&D 09/06/09 image image
  •  I would complain that he/she didn't advise you of this - its there job! The thing is she might not have known at the time they made the reservation.  Most hotels would not announce such things until a month or so out.  As things change and they do not want to turn away business if the project gets pushed back or something.But I agree it does suck. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • We had the same problem at a Hilton in the Caribbean last January.  We were supposed to have a club-level room for 9 days, all the amenities, etc. and they were having a renevation during that time, so they us booked for a regular room with no amenities.  I was reaaalllyy pi$$ed so I called Hilton directly and they made it right big time.  We had an ocean view suite, free breakfasts, free drinks, etc. I would have either your travel agent call Marriott or you can call if you made the reservation yourself. You'd be surprised what major hotel chains will do to keep your business.It does help that you know now, instead of getting there and discovering.Regardless of what happens, enjoy yourself and safe travels. 
  • Is this the Marriott Resort & Stellaris? We are supposed to go there in October and I would be so bummed if this is the case. We upped our budget just to go there...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards