Honeymoon Discussions
Options

disney girls: dinner the first night?

FI and I have decided on a Disneyworld honeymoon. We get in our first day to the airport at 3:40. I figure by the time we get our stuff together and get to the hotel and everything it would be between 5-6. Where would you recommend to go for our first dinner together? I am thinking I would like something really nice, but nothing in the parks so we dont waste a day of our tickets. I know some of the disney hotels have good places. What do you recommend?! Also, what do you recommend for the other nights were there? Were staying off property on international drive.
*~ Tracy & John October 3rd 2009 ~* Bio image

Re: disney girls: dinner the first night?

• Options
    Norman's at the Ritz Carlton is AMAZING and there is also a place in the Disney's Swan and Dolphin hotel called BlueZoo which is good and then you can walk the boardwalk.  Then you have some good resturants at City Walk that aren't as pricey.
    **Blog Sale - UPDATED 04/03/2012**
    First weight loss goal - 40lbs... DONE! Second weight loss goal - 17lbs... LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    The Yachtsman Steak house in the Beach Club resort is REALLY good.  BlueZoo is great too.  I also love Narcoisees and Citricos at the Grand Floridian. 
  • Options
    Yachtman's is good... it's at the Yacht Club though, not Beach Club.I'd vote for Ohana's at the Polynesian Resort!  The food is fabulous and it's a fun atmosphere!  You can watch the fireworks at MK from the beach outside the resort.
  • Options
    herd03herd03 member
    First Comment
    We also ate at Ohana last time we were in Disney, and it was really good!  I was actually very surprised because I'm not usually into Chinese/Polynesian type food.  The Wave in the Contemporary was also very good.  Despite the name there was not that much seafood on the menu though.  Amazing cocktails though.  We tried to get into the California Grill (heard great things about it) but it was all booked when we went.Also, if you're in the mood for a sandwich stop by Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney.  My whole family usually goes there the 1st night, and then picks up sandwiches to eat on the plane home.  I've had some great meals at Fulton Crab House, but I consider it expensive. 
  • Options
    I would recommend making your ADR's (advance dining reservations) as soon as possible because some of the Disney restaurants are really popular and may already be booked up.  For non-Disney restaurants near I-Drive, Cafe Tu Tu Tango is my favorite, but my friend always raves about Texas De Brazil (I haven't been there yet).  I saw pictures on their website, and it looks really nice.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Fulton's Crab House is great!  I highly recommend.  And you can walk over to Ghirardelli for a sundae afterwards.  They're amazing.  The California Grill at the Contemporary Hotel is a beautiful restaurant too.  Make sure you are there when the fireworks are going off at the Magic Kingdom.
  • Options
    We loved Narcoosee's at the Grand Floridian.If you don't want an expensive sit down meal, we love Wolfgang Puck at Downtown Disney and Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney as well.Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge is amazing as well.
    BFP #1 8.16.10 m/c at 5w BFP #2 10.21.10 m/c at 5w4d
    BFP #3 2.15.11 EDD 10.27.11. DD born 10.29.11
    Betas @9dpo = 23 Betas @12dpo= 128.5 Betas @17dpo= 1075 Betas @21dpo =5800s
    @6w hb 114 bpm! @8w4d hb 178 bpm! @12w hb 169 bpm! @18w hb 150 bpm!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We will be getting to our hotel about that same time, so I'm thinking we'll either eat at one of the restaurants at our resort hotel, or eat somewhere along the Boardwalk. A third possibility would be somewhere in Downtown Disney. I haven't checked too far into specific restaurants, but we want to go somewhere a little more on the romantic side since it's our first dinner since getting married.
  • Options
    I will be vacationing in Disneyworld August 23-30th, so thanks for all the good recommendations.
    Expecting our 16 year Dating Anniversary baby on 11/11/11! BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    thanks so much for all the recomendations ladies!
    *~ Tracy & John October 3rd 2009 ~* Bio image
  • Options
    Ok well if you like steak then def try Texas de Brasil. It's amazing and elegant there. It's on International Drive which is a tourist road so it can also give you a chance to drive by and see things you might be interested in doing while you're down here:)
  • Options
    If your on international drive, you can walk to Downtown Disney. Its a really great place to go to just walk around and look at shops, or go to lunch or even a nice dinner. They have everything. They also have great night clubs (not skeezy ones!) of all different types. Its free to walk around there, its all open. Google Downtown Disney and you can see what all they have! I highly reccommend it!
  • Options
    OH also google City Walk.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards