New Jersey
Options

YAY

I'm engaged.. let the planning began. Did you girls write out your guest list before visiting venues? I'm guessing I should have a rough estimate on attendees so I know what size room I need. I'm soooo excited.. Yippeee

Re: YAY

• Options
    edited December 2011
    =) haha, that was fast! Yippee! Yes, I did.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lmcit23lmcit23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yay! my wedding guardian angel! hahhahha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome! We did do a guestimate wrote out what we knew at the time then upped a bit which was good for us lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    guestimate - never heard of that word!! hahaI had a "rough" idea maybe a little bit less, bc we wanted to me our minimum. We had about 210-210 on the list, but told the venue about 175...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!   We made a list so we knew what size room we were looking at.   We ended up inviting A LOT more people than we originally thought, but good thing we did, because we just met our minimum!
  • Options
    lmcit23lmcit23 member
    edited December 2011
    thanks.. all great advice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!You never heard of guesstimate, it's quite possibly one of my favorites.  Anyway, yes you should have a rough idea of your minimum (not invited but number you think will absolutely say yes) and then lower it by 10.  You'll also want to think about your budget/price per person.  It's heartbreaking to fall in love with a place that is over your budget because nothing else will measure up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Its one of my favs too I did spell it wrong though lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    is there a  right or wrong way to spell that word? yes, i think a guestimate would be helpful because you want to make sure the venue can accommodate your event and that you'll be able to meet their minimum guest headcount.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Def go in with an idea of the minimum number of guests you'd be able to guarantee. You don't want to end up booking a place with a 200 person minimum and end up only having 125 people you want to invite.
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    who are you?  welcome & congrats.      
  • Options
    lmcit23lmcit23 member
    edited December 2011
    thanks girls!! My name is Laura. I've been a lurker for a while but just got engaged yesterday! I'll def. go with a guesstimate and write out a budget. I agree I don't want to fall in love with a place to only be disappointed. My top choices to visit are the Atrium, Mayfair Farms, The tides, Birchwood Manor..  I would like to visit at least 1 hotel since the fiance's family is from Maine.
  • Options
    Partymixx27Partymixx27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!  We wrote out a rudimentary (how's that for a word) guest list and we had number in mind for a $pp that we didn't want to go over.  Didn't even look at places above the $pp or above our min, which was low.  That cut out a lot of work for us right there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats, my brother and sister got married the year before we got engaged, so we used their guest # as an estimate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards