Kentucky

Lexington Area Bakery

I'm starting to search bakerys for my cake in the Lexington area. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Lexington Area Bakery

• edited December 2011
    I had a great experience with the Sugar Forest - Brenda Renner.Apparently, Tinker's is fantastic, too.Martine's is delcious, but I didn't enjoy the "designs are extra" clause on her contract.
  • PoppPopp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brenda, Judy Myers, Martine--the top three. If you want chocolate, go with Brenda fo' sho. Tinker's is OK.
  • mfpickle25mfpickle25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't go to Caramanda's. We had a wedding consult last weekend and the owner was a complete jerk to us in my opinion. He kept wanting to upsale up to a cake that was way to expensive for what it was.
    BFP 3/14/2011 m/c 3/18/2011 @ 6w BFP 8/15/2011 Beta #1 12dpo 8/16/2011 61 progesterone 29 Beta #2 14dpo 8/18/2011 143 1st ultrasound 9/6/2011 117 bpm 2nd ultrasound 9/12/2011 142 bpm Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • jddavi3jddavi3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Confused Confections. They only make fresh cakes never frozen. They are very reasonable as well.
  • juliev101juliev101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using the Sugar Forest and am SO excited about it. I wouldn't do Tinker's. I think it is way over priced for what it is.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Judy Meyers. So far, she has been amazing! Will let you know how it goes after Saturday!
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tinker's cake was DRY when we went to taste, and way overpriced.  And, I have to second the anti-Caramanda's comment.  Initially, we were pleased, but he started adding on fees and telling me he couldn't do things he initially agreed to, and I'm now back at square one.  Ugh. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    Really?!?!?  They were all the rage when I was looking two years ago. Fascinating.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Tinker's - they were great. The cake was amazing at our tasting and our wedding.
  • beckyb6beckyb6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of your input. I'm very excited about this process, and the cake tasting! But it is nice to know the ones to stray away from and some of the experiences other people have had! Congratulations to everyone!
  • edited December 2011
    Tinkers was awesome and very professional.  Our wedding was a year ago but they ended up being cheaper than other bakerys because their delivery was included in the price and they didn't add on additional fees.  However since its been a year it could have changed.
  • tncomb00tncomb00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure how it compares on price to the others that people have mentioned, but Magee's bakery has the best cake that I've ever put in my mouth.  It's phenomenal!
  • jennandbradjennandbrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved Martine's and was very pleased with her service. I didn't pay anything for design fees. The cake was covered with little dots in a triangle pattern and had our monogram on the front. I loved the elegant look of it. Maybe the design fee only applies when it is a more unique creation. Oh, and I thought Martine's cake was very yummy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards