Iowa-Des Moines

RSVP card organization ideas

How is or did everyone organize the RSVP cards?  Did you get a recipe card box?  I'm trying to be practical of how I organize them as they come in.  Then do you do by YES and NO'S and then in alpha order?Advice would be great!  TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: RSVP card organization ideas

• edited December 2011
    I kept ours in a small box alphabetically and then updated an electronic spreadsheet of yes/no, #, and entree choice as they came in.
  • edited December 2011
    I was going to just toss them in shoeboxes (yeses and noes) and input them in my guestlist spreadsheet as they arrive. We aren't doing food options, though.
  • edited December 2011
    We're keeping track of their responses in an Excel file that lists everyone who's invited.  The columns are:  names of invitees, number in that party, whether they've responded, number of no's, number of yeses, number attending the Sunday brunch, number of children.  We're just organizing all of the cards together in alphabetical order, so that if there are any questions on what's in the Excel file, we can compare with the cards.We started out having separate piles for yeses and no's, but then two things happened:  1) we had a number of families respond that some can come and some can't (which pile do we put them in?) and 2) the "no" pile was really small.  :-P 
  • edited December 2011
    I will probably buy a photo storage box (think I have an open one on hand) and use that. It can be reused when the RSVP's collecting is over. Probably by yes' and no's for me and then in alpa order. I will enter into the spreadsheet as soon as they come in, but can double check right before #'s are do to the hotel! A shoebox is free~ so would work great!
  • Lemons653Lemons653 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm just putting them in alphabetical order and updating my lists as they come in.  They're just sitting in a box that the invites came in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards