Indiana

Cakes - Fort Wayne

Any recommendations for wedding cakes in Fort Wayne...other than Hall's or Scott's?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cakes - Fort Wayne

• Shay022Shay022 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard Nutcracker Sweet has delicious cakes.  I saw one recently, they were setting up a cake at my reception site, it was beautiful!  I plan on checking them out.  I don't know their prices, but from what I've heard they are pricey.I would also reccomend All Occasions Cakery in Columbia City off Hwy 9.  The owner is Krista Eber and her prices are $2 a person.  I had their cake for a couples shower I attended and it was delicious!  My FMIL strongly suggests All Occasions.I went to the ACD bridal show back in January and tried Elegant Cakes.  They are from Grover Hill, OH.  Their cake was delicious.  Their prices are $2.50 a serving, with sheet cakes starting at $40.I wanted to go with Grants Catering in Antwerp, OH for catering and they do cakes there.  I believe their cake is about $2 a person.  Their website is www.weddingdreamsbylinda.com.Mmm, I'm hungry for cake!  I need to pick a baker as well!  HTH.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Shay022Shay022 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    P.S. we are date twins!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi twin! Thanks for the rec. I'll have to check them out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sandy Balbo in Leo is great. I still have to meet with her but my FSIL uses her for all of her son's birthday cakes and for examples a large chocolate raspberry designed sheet cake is about $ 20-$ 25. Side Note, FSIL has a severe nut allergy and Sandy does not use nuts in any of her cakes so nothing is contaminated in any way.
    imageimage
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • amychell18amychell18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just an FYI.. I had an appointment with the lady from elegant cakes and she never showed. She called me acting like I missed our appointment. When I tried to rescheudle she was trying to make it more convienent for her than me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I also highly recommend Krista Eber with All Occasions Cakery.  She's based out of Columbia City, but will travel to travel to Fort Wayne at no additional charge to deliver and set up your cake.  She did both our wedding cake and our groom's cake.  It looked and tasted amazing and we got tons of compliments on how great the cake was!
  • hollyberrie05hollyberrie05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could also contact Richard's Bakery on Wells
  • red daisyred daisy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at the all occasions cakery in columbia city (she delivers to fort wayne at no extra charge.)  Our cake was excellent and was very reasonable.  I would definitley take a trip out to try Krista's cake... it was delicious!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards